GWS mock draft

Started by popedelio, September 20, 2011, 02:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

popedelio

With players like o'meara, kennedy and co. entering this draft it will be interesting what clubs may offer, hence possible new gws recruits for the dream teams that might have a better scoring potential.
Is it plausible for the 2012 injury riddled Brian lake to be traded?
I hear o'meara wants to stay in WA, what could freo or wce offer?
So just started this thread to ask what you think that might be offered by your club or other teams?

Cheers
Pope

fortynine

Well as a Carlton supporter I don't think we will be very active in the trading for draft picks but rather towards players who are already established.

The rumours are flying about with Goddard (I don't know anything credible other than the regular rumour mill stuff about him always wanting to be at the blues, having connections here), Brian Lake as a potential move and Jack Gunston as somebody they would look at.

The players that seem to be mentioned from our side are Dennis Armfield and Jordan Russell, but I would be suprised if either of them go unless there's an irresistable offer.

As for a mock draft, I think that Patton is the dead cert as 1, and now that Coniglio has definitely committed to AFL he could go in the top 3. Should also be interesting to see how GWS go with Jaeger O'Maera and what deal they may get for it.

----

BTW, does anybody know any similar situations to the Andrew Krakour deal last year? IE Clubs giving GWS draft picks for recruiting mature players?

Justin Bieber

Not sure on that fortynine. I assume it should be the same but GWS can go after uncontracted players this season and next (still 1 per team) because of the limited players available this season.

Jaeger will be a STAR. Many teams are fighting for him although he can only be drafted next season.

Patton and Coniglio should go at #1 and #2. Patton has kinda faded recently so may see him drop to #2. Dom Tyson or Chad Wingard are expected to go at #3. I prefer Wingard although Tyson has just been a Monster possession wise past month or two. Then potentially the best ruckman in the draft in Longer at #5. There's alot of talent in round one of the draft so could go many ways depending on where teams want to build from.

Boomz

Quote from: fortynine on September 20, 2011, 04:04:06 AM
Well as a Carlton supporter I don't think we will be very active in the trading for draft picks but rather towards players who are already established.

The rumours are flying about with Goddard (I don't know anything credible other than the regular rumour mill stuff about him always wanting to be at the blues, having connections here), Brian Lake as a potential move and Jack Gunston as somebody they would look at.

The players that seem to be mentioned from our side are Dennis Armfield and Jordan Russell, but I would be suprised if either of them go unless there's an irresistable offer.

As for a mock draft, I think that Patton is the dead cert as 1, and now that Coniglio has definitely committed to AFL he could go in the top 3. Should also be interesting to see how GWS go with Jaeger O'Maera and what deal they may get for it.

----

BTW, does anybody know any similar situations to the Andrew Krakour deal last year? IE Clubs giving GWS draft picks for recruiting mature players?

Valenti is one I'd love us (essendon) to go for through that loophole... Never deserved to be ditched by the dees in the first place and would help with our midfield troubles.

fortynine

I noticed that he played a pretty pivotal role in Port Melbournes win over the Northern Bullants last weekend, so I assume his stocks are only rising. Add to that back to back Liston-trophies and it is a dead-certainty he is going somewhere via the GWS, perhaps even good enough to keep for themselves? I think the GWS probably find themselves in a pretty good situation here as they are probably are the very least going to get some good picks for him due to the fact that he's only 24 as well.