Issac Smith - pull at fyfe for 2012?

Started by fran, September 17, 2011, 12:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fran

looking at first year players that will go boom in 2012 and Smith seems to fit the bill.

fairly consistent for a first year
but most importantly has a high ceiling of 138

I reckon he is big risk but the rewards could be huge.

Thoughts?

Fenno

Cicjose

but if the hawks get better, will he be there for the ride?

maanco

Quote from: Cicjose on September 17, 2011, 04:09:43 AM
but if the hawks get better, will he be there for the ride?

Of course he would he is currently among the best at hawthorn along with Puopolo. Both of these players have been named in best players for a while now. Who says these players wont improve.

However, i dont think i will be picking him in 2012 unless he has a great preseason.

Holz

I was waiting for someone to say this if he is still a forward im thinking of picking him up, i would love if ziebell and beams were forwards also (but thats a dream)

My dream starting forward line woudl be

Franklin, Beams, Ziebell, Smith, Didak, Brown, Fev - would cost alot but could pump a 700 in the first week.

fran

Quote from: Holzman on September 17, 2011, 02:31:31 PM
I was waiting for someone to say this if he is still a forward im thinking of picking him up, i would love if ziebell and beams were forwards also (but thats a dream)

Considering Ziebell in the mids (definetly won't be a fwd). I would probably only get smith if he was (fwd/mid). Downside is that he will probably start at about 320k with his average of 82. Most fwd's drop to that throughout the season anyway so it's way less risk to wait and see how goes first

Master Q

DT87

He won't get a discount so he'll be over $350k next year - almost as expensive as Nick Riewoldt and a fair bit more than Alan Didak and Jonathan Brown. I don't think I'd be willing to risk that much money on a guy with only 13 games under his belt. If they are still available as forwards I'd probably go for Jack Steven or Mitch Duncan as potential CTR/FWD breakouts rather than Smith. Not writing him off just yet though.

Grazz

Would have to still be MPP, even then i doubt i'll start with him but may look at him as a upgrade if form is strong.

browny_wce

bundyboy

consistently good scoring forwards have been hard to find...and he looked as good as anyone - including finals series so far..

with MPP, I think is is certainly still on the radar..

Voldemort

I reckon he will, he's skinny enough for it  ;)

LaHug

Catching up on everything I missed...
Anyways, I think a lot depends on his price. Obviously, the potential to dominate is there but, considering he is young, there is a good chance that he might take a while to warm up in season two giving a price drop before you pick him up. If he fits well in your starting line up and keeps DPP, get him. Otherwise, maybe wait for a potential bottomout first.

valkorum

If he is C/F classified and mid priced then he might be worth the risk.

LaHug

Quote from: valkorum on November 21, 2011, 12:25:55 PM
If he is C/F classified and mid priced then he might be worth the risk.
If he's DPP I'll almost certainly get him. I don't know why m0nty has him as only midfield in the FP... I recall him playing forward flank a fair bit and kicking a fair few goals.