Nails STILL Needs HALP. - Victory - Thanks Guys :)

Started by Nails, September 14, 2011, 05:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Luigi197 on September 14, 2011, 07:29:35 PM
Look at the pitch and weather: Hard and Cloudy. You can change your lineup from that, as it is most likely that he will not change pitches as the match is too soon. So play your seamers.
Don't set your lineup yet, because you should wait until Senior Training is done on Thursday, the day before your match. 
For Setting Tactics, take a look at the thread I made, http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,43591.0.html , and seriously consider what the top Managers are doing for their lineups and tactics.
Fielding becomes a huge factor, so if your stuck between which two players two pick over one another and they have the same primaries, look at his fielding, as well as Experience and the rest of his secondaries.
HOWEVER, a point to you, only 3/13 of his senior squad are 'rested'. He has one guy on 'Satisfactory' and the rest in between in terms of fatigue.
Also be aware that he has only two spinners, the rest are seam bowlers, so his players are to advantage of the pitch most likely.
Most likely play 3 seams and 2 spinners. But if your second spinner isn't too good, consider doing 4 seamers.
I think Luigi did a pretty good job summing everything up match wise.

Sreerupa and Ud-Din are your best bowlers but they are both Spinners. As the pitch won't disadvantage them, I'd suggest sticking to both of them. Harris may give you some variety (in a medium), but seeing as you have a FM and 2 Fasties, I'd play them over him easily (Maddox, Texel and Mamta). I'd put at least 1 in each spell with Maddox + Texel/Mamta to open it up. Then pair the other Fasty with either Sreer/Ud-Din for the next spell. Then continue this sort of pattern so you get the different bowling style different bonus (even if it is a little, worth it). Mamta has good power, so I'd say an agressive order in one of his spells.

I'd open with MacDonald (Batters pitch and pretty good Endurance for a long innings = Defensive or Neutral). Perhaps partner him with Stone (As he is an opener and Experience is a big help in a Big game situation). Christie coming in at 3 (Your best batter) with Simon at 4. Sweeney and Bubb to follow, and could go with Bubb on Aggressive (as he'll come in late, incase you need the runs then). Stone isn't great and would prefer Yogish to him with only his talent and BIG experience gap only things making me go for him. I'd still suggest going for you normal batting orders with maybe a middle order batsman on Agro for the pitch.

Nails

Summary wise though Stone = better than Yogish ez...

Not worth bowling Stone because it's a batter pitch yeah?

cookie311993

nails your are comparing summaries of players instead of looking at primaries. Stone is 32 or something compared to 20. 20 year would generally win if same or similar skills

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Nails on September 15, 2011, 05:55:36 PM

Could go for batting depth and bowl with Stone over one of your Fasties, although wouldn't advise it due to pitch/weather suiting them. Alot of people play the all rounder so they can fit in another batter so there is merits either way. I personally wouldn't do it due to his Primaries.

PowerBug

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 15, 2011, 06:01:10 PM
Quote from: Nails on September 15, 2011, 05:55:36 PM

Could go for batting depth and bowl with Stone over one of your Fasties, although wouldn't advise it due to pitch/weather suiting them. Alot of people play the all rounder so they can fit in another batter so there is merits either way. I personally wouldn't do it due to his Primaries.
I missed another AR in todays game, cost me dearly.

I think Luigi has found 20 spare minutes of his time and used it wisely, congrats to Luigi! :)

Nails

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What you gaiz think?

Followed pretty much everything you said HP...

What about dropping Simon down to 5 for Sweeney/Bubb - this is so I'll get a LHB/RHB bonus going earlier

8-6 Suited

Gays? Or guys?

I'll get on the chat in about 15-20 minutes.

CrowsFan

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 15, 2011, 09:48:22 PM
Gays? Or guys?

I think he means gays because ai makes a ay sound not i sound.
I refuse to help anyone purposely speaks inappropriately

PowerBug

Why do you bowl your bowler like that? Do others do that too, bowl 1+6, 2+& etc...?

I like to bowl someone 3+5 as there's the break after 25 overs so they keep the ryhththmnmn and bowl 10 straight.

cookie311993

pyronerd

Quote from: PowerBug on September 15, 2011, 09:51:25 PM
Why do you bowl your bowler like that? Do others do that too, bowl 1+6, 2+& etc...?

I like to bowl someone 3+5 as there's the break after 25 overs so they keep the ryhththmnmn and bowl 10 straight.
unless they are a spinner or have really good endo they will usually get tired before then 10 overs is up

Nails

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 15, 2011, 09:51:16 PM
Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 15, 2011, 09:48:22 PM
Gays? Or guys?

I think he means gays because ai makes an ay sound not i sound.
I refuse to help anyone who(or that?) purposely speaks inappropriately.

I'm willing to fix up my spelling/grammar in this thread if you want to help CF ;).

gaiz = guys.
It's pretty common to seen "hai gaiz" - which translates to hi guys/gentlemen.

Hope my fixed spelling appeases you CF.

PowerBug

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=536972

Would he be good for Nails? Just did a search for AR and he was the only one that came in the range.

Nails, i agree with CF, gaiz sounds like gays.

Bazinga

Quote from: cookie311993 on September 15, 2011, 09:53:11 PM
You could really do with a decent all rounder.

All-rounders are gold, and I've got 2   ;D

Personally I always bowl my off spinner (only got 1 spinner) on spells 6 & 9, and both on D. This always works well for me as it usually dries up the runs and enables my better pace bowlers to take many wickets. For some reason it seems to spark middle to late order collapses.

Quote from: Nails on September 15, 2011, 09:58:10 PM
gaiz = guys.

I have never seen this in my entire life .. and I am 33  ??? ??? ???

pyronerd

Quote from: Bazinga on September 15, 2011, 10:03:51 PM
Quote from: cookie311993 on September 15, 2011, 09:53:11 PM
You could really do with a decent all rounder.

All-rounders are gold, and I've got 2   ;D

Personally I always bowl my off spinner (only got 1 spinner) on spells 6 & 9, and both on D. This always works well for me as it usually dries up the runs and enables my better pace bowlers to take many wickets. For some reason it seems to spark middle to late order collapses.

Quote from: Nails on September 15, 2011, 09:58:10 PM
gaiz = guys.

I have never seen this in my entire life .. and I am 33  ??? ??? ???
Neither have I, and I spend 1/2 of my life on the computer :P