Nails STILL Needs HALP. - Victory - Thanks Guys :)

Started by Nails, September 14, 2011, 05:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Hey guys... excuse the thread but Nails needs help.

This is the biggest came of my short FTP career. If I win this I'm guaranteed promotion, if I lose it, I'll battle and not quite sure if I'd be able to promote on NRR.

This is my opponent:
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/club.htm?teamId=4300

Our SOD league:
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/leagueoverview.htm?lsId=24673#curr

Now what I'd like help with is...

How can I beat him? What orders should I go with? Who should I play ETC. :(

I can offer to buy membership for the most helpful person if that's needed, any help is greatly appreciated :) Thanks guys.

Cicjose

get your best batters in.... don't be afraid to use only 4 bowlers with a part timer to increase your batting

if you think Ud Din won't be smashed on a flat go with him

i would attack with one of the opening spells (use your best seamer)

defend with Ud Din if you choose to play him

Cyrus

hack his acc and sell his best players  ;)

Luigi197

Well I am definitely no expert, but I will state just a few things.

Look at the pitch and weather: Hard and Cloudy. You can change your lineup from that, as it is most likely that he will not change pitches as the match is too soon. So play your seamers.
Don't set your lineup yet, because you should wait until Senior Training is done on Thursday, the day before your match. 
For Setting Tactics, take a look at the thread I made, http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,43591.0.html , and seriously consider what the top Managers are doing for their lineups and tactics.
Fielding becomes a huge factor, so if your stuck between which two players two pick over one another and they have the same primaries, look at his fielding, as well as Experience and the rest of his secondaries.
Look at the Match Ratings and result from the last time you played him, and the last SOD played by either of you. Last time you won by 4 wickets, and you rated 131k, 12k more than him at the time. NOW however, he rates 150k, while you rate 133. This shows that he has improved dramatically since then. You may wanna consider possibly buying a really good player if you've got the money. HOWEVER, a point to you, only 3/13 of his senior squad are 'rested'. He has one guy on 'Satisfactory' and the rest in between in terms of fatigue. The Ratings of his players, range from 30-52k, while yours range from 32-50k, just to add in that stat.
Also be aware that he has only two spinners, the rest are seam bowlers, so his players are to advantage of the pitch most likely.
I will also add in that it makes sense to, when setting your lineup, to add in your top 7 batters in order, then to replace one of them with your best keeper. Then to put in your best 5 bowlers, but adjust the bowlers to the pitch. Most likely play 3 seams and 2 spinners. But if your second spinner isn't too good, consider doing 4 seamers. Go with whatever works best with agressiveness, but again, take a look at the thread i made a while a go for some tips (ignoring Q and Cookie's 'debate')

Good luck Nails, and hope this helped JUST a little bit :)
Luigi

CrowsFan

Quote from: Cyrus on September 14, 2011, 07:26:48 PM
Too late for that unfortunately. They wouldn't sell in time ;)

Cicjose

you could still sack his players if you hacked his account

Cyrus

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 14, 2011, 07:32:09 PM
hack his acc cheat send nasty pm's to the mods and get him banned?

8-6 Suited

Nails, is this for your friday one day match? if it is, I'll talk to you ont he chat about it tomorrow.

CrowsFan

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Cyrus on September 14, 2011, 07:35:25 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on September 14, 2011, 07:32:09 PM
hack his acc cheat send nasty pm's to the mods and get him banned?
They can see ip's morons ::).

Nails

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 14, 2011, 07:41:17 PM
Nails, is this for your friday one day match? if it is, I'll talk to you ont he chat about it tomorrow.

Yeah it is, I'd really appreciate that :)

Anyone else got LEGIT advice for now? :)

Thanks heaps for putting so much advice and effort in Luigi :)

8-6 Suited

What time are you going to be on until nails actually? I might b able to do it in a little while?

Maca24

I'll give you my opinion on what your orders should be for the game .
Will have it up later 2nite  ;)

Nails

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 14, 2011, 09:03:10 PM
What time are you going to be on until nails actually? I might b able to do it in a little while?

Probably 4 am... lol

Thanks Maca :)

It'd be a lot easier if it were something other than hard/flat... I've only played a couple games on hard/flat.

8-6 Suited

Looks like it will probably be Uneven, Nails. If it was flat yesterday, hard today, it will be Uneven by Friday when your game starts.