James McDonald as 4th Midfielder?

Started by MTTY, September 14, 2011, 01:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CuStArDaRm

upthemaidens

ronl

It would be foolish not to give him very serious consideration.

Purple 77

I love my Jimmy Mac from melbourne, if he is listed for round 1, im locking him in no worries, averaged a tiny bit under 100 in 2010

Patrician

My only concerns are fitness and injury. But if he looks good in the pre-season, he's pretty much a lock.

Actually, now I look at my list, I may have trouble fitting him in.  :-[

I currently have one bench spot reserved for a B/C and Kyle Horsely in the other. hmmmmmm.

HarryStar

With a decent pre-season he will definitely be in my team

Colliwobblers

LOCK! LOCK! and LOCK! - unlesss he breaks something in pre-season or the club announces he won't play..

worst case scenario, he doesnt play every game and he only scores 50-70's he's still as cheap as any other rook and will go up the required $100 to $150K to trade him.

So we might have to wait a little longer than other rooks to get him to max price to trade, that for me is the worst case scenario. The best case scenarion, he plays a lot early, scores 70+ and can be traded in a short amount of time for a big profit.

Ziplock

best case scenario is he plays every game and scores 90+ :P

Colliwobblers

Impromptu

My first pick in my squad.

Everyone will to and fro about getting McDonald, but if he is named round 1, 90% will jump on.

McDonald is not even a premium priced rookie.

dmac07

Locked for now! McDonald, Clifton and Coniglio are in for me right now! They are this years Swallow, Harris, Stanley (though Stanley was a back I know)

jballstars

Holz

Quote from: Impromptu on December 29, 2011, 11:16:44 PM
My first pick in my squad.

Everyone will to and fro about getting McDonald, but if he is named round 1, 90% will jump on.

McDonald is not even a premium priced rookie.

i disagree if he posts average nab scores and guys like kavanagh, shiel, mitchell etc,, do better and are named round 1 i think it unwise to start him. I will only jump on if he absoultely kills it in the nab im thinking 90+

Slick5

Looks like a great bargain for your last midfield spot or bench.

tferrier18

I don't feel as confident picking mcdonald as I did Harris, as I don't think McDonald will play as many away games.

By round 6 they'll have travelled to Hobart, Adelaide and Melbourne to play and I don't see him going to all of these matches. At 35 I reckon they'll be pretty sparing with how they use him.

Not doubting his scoring potential, because he could easily avg 80 and if he played 8 games in a row then you could cash him in for a good return but I just don't think he'll be able to stay on the park.

Will definitely have to see how he goes in NAB.