Main Menu

Its finally over

Started by Purple 77, September 12, 2011, 01:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi197

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFGGD_d9GnQ
(warning, some words may not be appropriate..)

;D ;D Absoloute Gold!!!

CFC 1979

can Melbourne use the pick they get in this years draft ?

no sure but i think they need to nominate the compensation pick before the season starts.
Thats what i have heard Balme say this year about GAJ pick. Because they didn't nominate they can't
use it

The return

hahahahah thats the funniest video, tom will be the best player in the comp in 5 years count my word

plugz19

scully will be good
pendles will be at gws at the end of 2012
theyre targetting sam mitchell and goddard aswell

see how they go with those big names

Wes Mantooth

The thing is, football is Tom's job. If you guys had a job that you weren't happy with and you were offered a good wage to leave, you'd take it. Because of the media and the public's thirst for football news, these things get built up so much, the only way to go when the decision is made is down. Of course Melbourne fans will be annoyed and angry, but when an employer loses a good employee they roll with it. Football is a business, hardly a sport anymore. This is a sign of the times and society in 2011.

ajjewell

For a club that treated some experienced players shabbily last year (Cameron Bruce and James McDonald) I can't believe the reaction of some of the people from the club who have spoken to the media about him leaving. Loyalty is a two way street, clubs can't expect players to be loyal to them, when most clubs won't show that loyalty back. Football is a business, clubs have been treating it that way for a while, so it is only fair and reasonable that players are starting to treat it the same way.

Purple 77

Quote from: ajjewell on September 13, 2011, 06:34:10 PM
For a club that treated some experienced players shabbily last year (Cameron Bruce and James McDonald) I can't believe the reaction of some of the people from the club who have spoken to the media about him leaving. Loyalty is a two way street, clubs can't expect players to be loyal to them, when most clubs won't show that loyalty back. Football is a business, clubs have been treating it that way for a while, so it is only fair and reasonable that players are starting to treat it the same way.

Yeah you're right

But i really think some of the players "plugz19" has said and a few more are actually the sort of players we should get USING our compensation.

Just think Brendon Goddard in melbourne colours after we give them a mid round compo pick and St Kilda get a sorely needed young star?

I don't want to use these compo picks to pick young players, WE HAVE ENOUGH. What we don't have is experienced quality players. We should be using these compo picks to lure them accompanied by room in a salary cap