AFL club by club list changes as they happen

Started by Jugganauts, September 08, 2011, 12:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Melbournes Finest

The Supercoach

wardie

Wow... GC were definatly not mucking around. Thought that COAD looked good when he played, TIPPETT also did not look too bad. Would have thought that GC may have waited till trade period to announce their delistings and seen if they could have got anything for some of the youngsters that have been moved on already.

Can't see MITCHELL going anywhere, NAHAS is an interesting one, he has been in great form for the tigs this year so i would imagine unless he was uncontracted the tigs would ensure he stays.

Talking about the tigs there is a bit of dead wood there at present, CONNORS, HISLOP and MORTON can be put on the trade table with HISLOP most likley to just be delisted.

Ringo

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/giant-recruitment-drive-in-full-swing/story-e6frexwr-1226131624765

Extract from above article showing GWS going hard for a gun. Full article good read.

"GWS will also trade two of their four 17-year-old "golden nuggets" to other clubs, but Sheedy will demand a premium return for the young guns with the likes of Sam Mitchell, Brendon Goddard and Cyril Rioli on their wish-list."

Jugganauts

Intersting that ^, Sheedy said he really wanted to get Goddard next year when his contract expires but possible St Kilda could be looking at their long term future and try to pick up two guns

A fair bit of news today
~ Rumours surrounding a trade for Johanthon Griffin (Dockers) to Port for Daniel Motlop
~ Jake King and Robin Nahas resigned ending rumours one of them could head to GWS

My question
Stefan Martin (Melbourne) has hinted during the year that he wants to move on to a club that will pay him higher could he be the replacment for Leigh "Spud" Brown? (Collingwood)

North Melbournes Finest

I wouldn't say Collingwood would be a team that would be paying players higher amounts then other teams. I really don't think they have copious amounts of cash left under the salary cap.

Ringo

You can add Bart McCullough and Matt Austin to Brisbane as delistings.

pothead

Quote from: Ringo on September 10, 2011, 06:36:48 PM
and xav clarke and broc Mcauley

Ringo

Quote from: pothead on September 11, 2011, 09:26:16 PM
Surprised with McAuley being a local.  Admittedly he is 24 but with our Ruck Division in tatters thought we would have kept one of McCullough or McAuley.  Looks like we will be trading hard for ruck.

Maca24

pothead

Quote from: Ringo on September 11, 2011, 09:39:28 PM
Quote from: pothead on September 11, 2011, 09:26:16 PM
Surprised with McAuley being a local.  Admittedly he is 24 but with our Ruck Division in tatters thought we would have kept one of McCullough or McAuley.  Looks like we will be trading hard for ruck.
well i heard that for mithc clark it might be Mitch clark to freo for freo first round pick and zach clarke is what i heard it might be. @ maca mithc clark isnt staying he has already announced that so we won't get to keep him

Maca24

I know that pot, but it will be hard to organise a fair trade.
There is every chance that he will be forced to stay.

pothead

i sort of in a way hope he does go though cause i noticed in the last few games he played he didnt put much effort into them and didnt show much interest in the club at all

Jugganauts

Adelaide are down to the last 2 candiates Scott Burns and Mark Neeld for their next coach
Tom Rockcliff, Gary Ablett jnr, Scott Thompson have all won their respective clubs best and fariest over the weekend.

Ivan Maric and Jack Gunston have both requested a trade out of Adelaide with Tony Armstrong choosing not to re-sign at this point

scotty_222

mitch clark has requested to be traded as well