Main Menu

FFPL2 Match odds and League Review!

Started by Maca24, September 07, 2011, 08:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

So the FFPL2 is coming to a close.
Has been a great league and hopefully it continues next season. I may not be apart off it so hopefully someone else can take over the reins  :)

This final week see's everyone on level points from 2nd to 6th!
Positions could change drastically on the league ladder.
One thing is for certain though, the undefeated Bomberboy has taken out the league. But who will win runners up?

Hello (2.50) vs Bratpack (1.33) - Pitch: Crumbling
The winner of this clash of the titans is most likely to take out 2nd spot, but not guaranteed.
Bratpack has a ratings advantage, but has been beaten whilst outrating opponents in the past.
Hello has made a career out of winning while outrated, so anything could happen in this match up!
Crumbling pitch will make the spin match up interesting, with BP's Graham Roberts competing opposite Hello's man Karmarker Sreedar. Both teams have had great season and i'll be watching this match of the round closely.

Bomberboy (1.82) vs Hilly (2.05) - Pitch: Flat
Close match ratings wise means this could be a tough challenge for the undefeated BB.
Flat pitch will slightly advantage Bomberboys Top 3 Batters, who are renowned for their ability.
A large win for Hilly could see him propell into 2nd spot, although that is quite unlikely.
Hilly's Gun medium Gokaraju will have to perform for him to get the unlikely victory.

Dazburg (2.94) vs Cookie (1.16) - Pitch: Flat
Cookie comes into these match the favourite, but two words could change your thinking. (Giant Killer)
A 20k ratings advantage will help cookie, while a flat pitch will support his new recruit Fortuyn.
Dazburgs main man Sankar Ritula will love the flat pitch, so Daz will need him to perform to have a chance.
It has been a great league for both teams, but the final match will be about club pride for these two.

Valkorum (1.42) vs Maca (2.25) - Pitch: Slow
Valk will come into this clash as favourite, and will be looking for a big win to move into 2nd spot.
Maca enjoys a Slow pitch, but his lack of players will put him at a distinct disadvantage.
Players to watch would be Maca's Brock Lesnar and Valk's Jack Newman.
A win for Valk would finish off his league run nicely, while Maca need's a win after a poor league season.

Nails (2.32) vs Roost (1.42)- Pitch: Sticky
A win for Nails is not out of the picture here, with a 15k ratings difference between the teams.
Sticky pitch will favour Nails, as it makes the match a lot more unpredictable.
On the other hand the pitch will give Roost's four pronged fasty attack a bit of a boost.
Nails will be hoping Ud-Din can cause some carnage, while HMac and Simon can deliver with the bat.
Should be a close contest, with both teams being nicely competitive throughout the league.

And there it is, the last week of the FFPL2! Be sure to tune in for Hilly's player awards night.
Also I'm sorry to everyone for not doing odds for a while. Have been to lazy :P

PowerBug

Could you post the ladder, or a link to it, coz i'm too lazy to go searching for it myself.

Nails

Won't be 15K ratings difference tomorrow Maca ;)

I've added a spec/spec wrist spinner who'll be doing the wicket taking tomorrow whilst Ud-Din keeps the team economical ;)

PowerBug

Quote from: Nails on September 07, 2011, 09:01:54 PM
Won't be 15K ratings difference tomorrow Maca ;)

I've added a spec/spec wrist spinner who'll be doing the wicket taking tomorrow whilst Ud-Din keeps the team economical ;)
Correct, it'll be 20k :P

Nails

2x RF and 3x Spinners...

Too much of a crazy attack?

Maca24

Quote from: Nails on September 07, 2011, 09:16:45 PM
2x RF and 3x Spinners...

Too much of a crazy attack?
Not at all. Worth it on a Sticky.

DazBurg

awesome work Maca love the final write up ;)

cookie311993

Master verse apprentice.  That's our match daz

Maca24

DazBurg

Quote from: cookie311993 on September 07, 2011, 10:02:52 PM
Master verse apprentice.  That's our match daz
yup
well i'm outrated by a fair bit so might tweak a few things...use it as a chance to improve my tactics side of the game

Bazinga

Awesome job with this comp Maca   ;)   Will you still be running it next season if you are playing in my U24 comp?

Justin Bieber

BP can probably outrate by like 30k at a max :-X. That's a tough ask but gotta hope my players are up to the challenge tommorrow! Good luck BP :).

Maca24

Quote from: Bazinga on September 07, 2011, 10:16:05 PM
Awesome job with this comp Maca   ;)   Will you still be running it next season if you are playing in my U24 comp?
Nah I probably won't run it, but gives somebody else a chance 2  :)
U24 FTW!

valkorum

Congrats BB and BP on 1st and 2nd.  I made a nice comeback late in the season but have to settle with 3rd.  My loss to Bundy Bashers cost me the 2nd spot.

Great comp everyone.

Fletch74