JUST ONE SMOKIE TO LOCK FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!

Started by C-Dogg, September 06, 2011, 08:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DG

Quote from: henry on October 05, 2011, 02:05:06 PM
I'm pretty sure 1 (at least) of Gaff/Shuey/Masten will end up in my team, will need to have a look at the NAB cup.

Masten really? agree with the other 2 for sure

Holz

here is a smokie how about Brad Ebert if he goes to port. He only had an average of 62 so should be cheap doesnt seem to have injury concerns. Laste season posted and 80 average so can score he had 3 100s and 8 90s. Could post some good scores at port.

Personally from Port im looking at him and more importantly get on Hamish Hartelett. Mony has him as a B in the fanplannner if he is lock him in. In his last 8 his 2 lowest scores where 83 and 87 posted only 2 scores below 80 for the season scored 124 106 and 109. If this guy has a full season watch him go bang if he is a back and you dont get him you will be kicking yourself. Im tempted to pick him up even if he is just a mid.

bundyboy

had the same thought this year... ebert was soooo much better scoring last year, so we know he has the potential - I'm guessing that it was all about the role he has been given.

with change to Port - what is he going to be asked to do ??  back to 2010 scoring??  or similar to what he did this year.  If NAB scores are up, then maybe he will be back to previous years style of play, in which case he will be a bargain..

Hartlett looking very tasty too...great finish to the season really, and should only be better next year.

About rd 15 I picked up Petrenko this year, and have him pretty much locked for next year too - definately if he is still a defender, and almost definatly if he is dual position. will only think twice if for some reason he is classified as a mid.

L.Shuey13

Ebert should be  considered next year. He left the eagles due to 'harsh treatment' during the second half of the year. We had him on the bench a lot of the time and he was dropped for the semi and prelim finals, which anyone would be pissed off about. his midfield time was limited, as he was played on a HFF, and sometimes wing, most of the time he wasnt on the bench (very slight chance he might be a MID/FWD). Port don't have many decent players in the midfield (or any at all), so his game and midfield time should be up. I think his average will be up around 90-100, so he would make a great cash cow or even a keeper. As usual, watch his pre-season form

Windigo

Voldemort

what about Jordan Lewis? Had a very good year, although he is prone to getting suspended

Ziplock

Quote from: DG on October 05, 2011, 03:50:37 PM
Quote from: henry on October 05, 2011, 02:05:06 PM
I'm pretty sure 1 (at least) of Gaff/Shuey/Masten will end up in my team, will need to have a look at the NAB cup.

Masten really? agree with the other 2 for sure
yeah... gaff, I really like, shuey, I'm a little more iffy, but eh...

maanco

Hamstring Hartlett could be good, although he has gone and done his shoulder

Ziplock

Here's a real smokie.

Richardson.

Bam. I said it. Crucify me :P

Holz

Quote from: maanco on October 08, 2011, 03:15:44 PM

again?

nas

Quote from: Holzman on October 09, 2011, 03:06:43 AM

again?

Soft tissue injuries re this lad. As much as you want him in your team, the heartbreak of him getting injuried stops me.

Windigo

again?

I hope he just means that he had his shoulder surgery back in round 16.....And all is swell.

But on the otherhand, the bloke did rip his hammy getting into his bath.... :'(

Voldemort

Quote from: L.Shuey13 on October 06, 2011, 06:24:30 PM
Ebert should be  considered next year. He left the eagles due to 'harsh treatment' during the second half of the year. We had him on the bench a lot of the time and he was dropped for the semi and prelim finals, which anyone would be pissed off about. his midfield time was limited, as he was played on a HFF, and sometimes wing, most of the time he wasnt on the bench (very slight chance he might be a MID/FWD). Port don't have many decent players in the midfield (or any at all), so his game and midfield time should be up. I think his average will be up around 90-100, so he would make a great cash cow or even a keeper. As usual, watch his pre-season form

highly doubt his avg be around 90-100.... maybe 75 add or take a few?

Holz

Quote from: Windigo on October 09, 2011, 06:32:14 PM

again?

I hope he just means that he had his shoulder surgery back in round 16.....And all is swell.

But on the otherhand, the bloke did rip his hammy getting into his bath.... :'(

definitely a risk but could pay of huge, im thinking of a backline of waters, grimes and hartlett if they could string together 60 games they could average 280+ . I dont think it will happen though.

Windigo

3 injury prone players.

I'd take Hartlett over Grimes or Waters though.