JUST ONE SMOKIE TO LOCK FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!

Started by C-Dogg, September 06, 2011, 08:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

big call calling nic nat top 2 at this point :P

what about nic nat as a smokie, have we discussed that possibility?

PowerBug

Quote from: Ziplock on September 28, 2011, 12:14:42 AM

I was considering both Nic Nat and Cox. As there aren't any byes and now Nic has had two seasons in the game and will start to share the ruck load more evenly. esp if West Coast are going to stay up the top they'll be kicking goals too :)

Voldemort

Nic Nat isnt a prolific DT player (yet anyway) cause he plays in bursts

Ziplock

Quote from: PowerBug on September 28, 2011, 09:23:12 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on September 28, 2011, 12:14:42 AM

I was considering both Nic Nat and Cox. As there aren't any byes and now Nic has had two seasons in the game and will start to share the ruck load more evenly. esp if West Coast are going to stay up the top they'll be kicking goals too :)
you're only issue with that is that if/when WCE get raped in a game your ruck department is probs not going to be doing that well.

Quote from: Voldemort on September 28, 2011, 10:41:01 AM
Nic Nat isnt a prolific DT player (yet anyway) cause he plays in bursts

that's what makes him a smokie friend ;)

Holz

Quote from: 2 large cokes on September 27, 2011, 10:41:45 PM
Luke Shuey will be a lock for me. would love if he's a mid/fwd. breakout year. has the best 2 ruckmen in the league giving him the ball on a platter and can kick goals. fantasy gun written all over him

didnt impress me at all in the finals i was looking at him but that has turned me off him. Probably better mids to pick up needs a big NAB now.

2 large cokes

Quote from: Holzman on September 28, 2011, 08:16:39 PM
didnt impress me at all in the finals i was looking at him but that has turned me off him. Probably better mids to pick up needs a big NAB now.

have to remember its his first finals series. most likely burnt out from his first full year in the afl aswell. and the fact his barely played on the G let alone against 2 of the best teams we will ever see in the pies and the cats. during the season he scored some big numbers. may be more of a supercoach player though.

oc16

is anyone looking at petrenko? he averaged 69 for the whole season but did average 82.5 in his last ten games. However im still not sure if his going to be listed as a forward or defender

Ziplock

yeah interesting choice, I remember FARK mentioning him months ago as a smokie for the remainder of the season (side note: anyone seen fark in a while?), I don't know though, I doubt he'll be for me.

C-Dogg

Luke Shuey will be a lock for me. would love if he's a mid/fwd. breakout year. has the best 2 ruckmen in the league giving him the ball on a platter and can kick goals. fantasy gun written all over him

you don't think he will be over priced?

Voldemort

Quote from: C-Dogg on September 29, 2011, 09:26:49 AM

you don't think he will be over priced?

he will be, but that's the risk one takes to buy him   ;)

Windigo

Shuey will up his average no doubt about it. He might do what Dustin did and lose steam as the season wears on. Coping with a tag next year will be the last hurdle onto a DT gun. Maybe 2013 for me. But if his NAB scores are off the chart.... ;)

Holz

not sure if anyone has said him yet but i was impressed by Allen Christensen sadly once again its another mid on the radar but he was able to post quite a few 100+ games and with an average of 68 could be someone to look at. Will never get a tag and if people think gellong will be top 4 again could be a nice cheap cat to pick up.

Ethankleeberg

Marlboro!!! I love it, :o  :-X Smoking causes mouth cancer!!! ;D :P

Torpedo10

@ Holzman Yeah I was thinking about Christensen but he may stay as a mid-pricer for 2012. His average should fly up for 2013  ;D

henry

Hawkins is an interesting one. From my experience players who have great finals series often have good next years, providing of course they don't get injured in the pre season. Just look at Mundy last year, the previous year he averaged around 90 and after the had a very good finals series he pushed his average to around 106 before getting injured.

I'm pretty sure 1 (at least) of Gaff/Shuey/Masten will end up in my team, will need to have a look at the NAB cup.