JUST ONE SMOKIE TO LOCK FOR NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!

Started by C-Dogg, September 06, 2011, 08:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatters24

Quote from: C-Dogg on September 06, 2011, 08:03:34 PM
Il start off with LEIGH ADAMS

REASON: He was a big wrap in the pre season, but things didn't quite turn out the way we all expected, i'm tipping he will EXPLODE out of the boxes next year, therefore he is LOCKED and LOADED for next year

Mmmmive actually been thinking a bit of te same actually. But for me he will be awkwardly priced. I HATE including mid price players in my team!

chatters24

Jarryd Blair? Good young player. As short as a sausage dog but can kick goals any hopefully can get a little bit more midfeild time next year (yes I know it will be tough with the pies current midfeild). Involved as a sub on 2 occasions so would lift his current avg from 71 to 76 without including those games. Just a thought!

Jimbo_11

rory sloane, will be a gun and plays a lot through midfield gets cheap possies and can win his own ball

Grazz

Im on the Gaff bandwagon.Looks good for 2012.

C-Dogg

blair is an interesting one... gaff looks good, and sloan will be strongly looked at...

Memphistopheles

He hasn't done much in his career so far, but Chris Masten has finally started to look like a number 7 draft pick. Another couple of good performances in the finals will go a long way towards cementing a regular place in the Eagles team and he should push his average up from 56 to 75+.

And, he will be dirt, dirt cheap.

I also like Jack Steven from St Kilda - he's really impressed me this season and with Hayes, Montagna and Dal Santo should avoid the tag next season. I think he can push his average up to 90+.

And, although not a big smokey I will also be considering Dustin Martin for a starting spot. He has all the hallmarks of becoming a DT God - goalscoring midfielder, started to kick more than handball, great at breaking tackles, tags and lines.

With GWS in the league I won't be considering anyone who is essentially a 'pricey rookie' from other teams unless the yreally impress me in pre-season. It just won't be worth it as there will be so many good cheap young players again (I expect other AFL teams to debut plenty of players like this season).

maccar86

browny_wce

Quote from: Memphistopheles on September 13, 2011, 12:22:32 AM
He hasn't done much in his career so far, but Chris Masten has finally started to look like a number 7 draft pick. Another couple of good performances in the finals will go a long way towards cementing a regular place in the Eagles team and he should push his average up from 56 to 75+.

And, he will be dirt, dirt cheap.

every year someone says Chris Masten...

Im liking Jordan Russel...linked to GWS aswell

chatters24

How about Ben Nason if he goes to the crows? Was pretty good in his first year but struggled for opportunities this year. Should be cheap and worth watching in the preseason.

C-Dogg

Quote from: chatters24 on September 14, 2011, 08:41:01 AM
How about Ben Nason if he goes to the crows? Was pretty good in his first year but struggled for opportunities this year. Should be cheap and worth watching in the preseason.

adelaide? havn't heard that one yet, mmmm i would prob pass on him

plugz19

Quote from: C-Dogg on September 18, 2011, 09:49:31 PM

he's an adelaide boy isnt he?
more than likely going to be a part of the maric deal
average of 43 from 4 games this year, will be bargain price
worth a look imo

PowerBug

Quote from: plugz19 on September 19, 2011, 02:10:15 PM
Quote from: C-Dogg on September 18, 2011, 09:49:31 PM

he's an adelaide boy isnt he?
more than likely going to be a part of the maric deal
average of 43 from 4 games this year, will be bargain price
worth a look imo
Will have to double-check, but i have a feeling he's from my team at Elizabeth, Centrals ;)

Cicjose

dale93

Holz