Main Menu

All Australian Squad

Started by valkorum, September 06, 2011, 05:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

Fyfe should have made it before Milne and Swan and Murphy are bloody midfielders.

Holz

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 19, 2011, 11:23:14 PM
Not sure how you come to that conclusion as he was in the top 5-6 as a forward plus pinch hit perfectly in the ruck when needed. He definitely deserved the spot.

not saying he didn't have a good year but there are easily 22 better players than him. His rucking wasn't that great and there were better forwards who didn't make it. Goldy had a much better year than him 741 hitouts puts him on the second most hitouts ever in a home and away season.

If you look at his stats i would argue that he deserves the number 1 ruck spot.

Goldy v Cox
Hitouts   35.3 v 29.3     6 more hitouts is a decent amount more
Disposals 18.1 v 13.7     obviously cox big area of advantage over goldy
Clearacnes  4 v 3.7        goldy small win
tackles     4.4 v 1.8       for me this is the big difference that knowone looks at cox gets alot of touches but goldy does more                    defensively, it sounds stupid to say but cox plays like and outside mid where goldy is an in and under player.
Goals        0.6 v 0.8       indifferent
CM          0.8 v 1.8        another big win for cox.

I would argue like i always do that Gioldy is the better ruck and Cox is the better player. The AA squad seems to be just fitting in as many mids as possible so positions dont mean anthying e.g Swan.

Petire didnt do much ruck work he got less than 5 hitouts a game

Holz

Quote from: luvfooty on September 20, 2011, 12:13:24 AM
Fyfe should have made it before Milne and Swan and Murphy are bloody midfielders.

I wish Dream team followed suit, i wouldn't mind selecting Murphy and swan in my forward line.

They should have a more rigid stucture where they are forced to nomiate a player for Ruck, Forward, Mid or Back.

So Swan, Murphy, Ablett..... are nomiated as mids and than the selection pannel picks out of them to fill the mid spots and as soon as the spots are filled those players can either get put on the bench or not selected.

If they keep going next year the forward line will look like this

Swan, Cloke, Murphy
Pendlebury, Franklin, Ablett

2 large cokes

absolute joke how Josh Gibson doesn't get in that team. barely any help at all in a depleted defense and dominated more of the year. only glass and reid deserve spots before him. if no equally as good as them. Robert Murphy or Corey Enright very lucky selections. most unlucky player though would have to go the Nathan Fyfe. unreal breakout year and not even a look in for a bench spot. ahead of atleast half a dozen players in that team. besides those two pretty much spot on. maybe you could throw in Scott Thompson but to be honest don't know who I'd take out so he probably misses just.

LF

Quote from: Holzman on September 20, 2011, 12:14:37 AM
Quote from: luvfooty on September 20, 2011, 12:13:24 AM

I wish Dream team followed suit, i wouldn't mind selecting Murphy and swan in my forward line.

wouldn`t that just be lovely if we could do that Holz.

8-6 Suited

I wouldn't be surprised if Swan is a MPP Fwd/Mid next season.

But Fyfe should definitely have made it and was extremely stiff. Milney would have made it for his first goals all season. -_-

LF

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 20, 2011, 12:19:00 AM

But Fyfe should definitely have made it and was extremely stiff. Milney would have made it for his first goals all season. -_-

Swan as an MPP he`d definately be in every team then.

8-6 Suited

Quote from: luvfooty on September 20, 2011, 12:21:03 AM

He is pretty much in every team as it as, considering he is the #1 DreamTeam total points per game the last 2 seasons.

Holz

Quote from: luvfooty on September 20, 2011, 12:21:03 AM

With 31 goals he really should be, if he wasnt such a dominatant Dter he probably would be a shoe in. I dont think they will do it though. Will be the most selected player of all time and probably the highest ever averaging forward. I would love to lock a forward in for a 120 average next year.

8-6 Suited

No difference from Cox/Sandi though. there is always at least one in pretty much every team in both forms of the fantasy game.

Holz

I think Josh.P>Kennedy should have made the squad and he didnt even get nominated.

#1 in Clearances and Contested Possessions (thats they type of stats of a brownlow medal winner)

I think they went to heavy on players who rack up touches as opposed to earning it i think kennedy is a better player than swan.

8-6 Suited

Just when I thought I might have had you a bit wrong Holz, you pop back up with a NMF sort of call. Not as bad as your Travis Cloke isn't the best CHF this season call, but only millimeters behind it.

I shall now pronounce you, Numpty snr.

Holz

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 20, 2011, 12:40:54 AM
Just when I thought I might have had you a bit wrong Holz, you pop back up with a NMF sort of call. Not as bad as your Travis Cloke isn't the best CHF this season call, but only millimeters behind it.

I shall now pronounce you, Numpty snr.

was it the swan call or the fact i think he should have made the AA bench.  On the spur of the moment i made the swan call i think i might take that back but definitely deserves a nomination at least. I will change it to i dont think Kennedy is that much behind swan. ( I forogt about all Swans goals, that have made him a much more rounded player).

8-6 Suited

no, it was the Kennedy being a better player than Swan call. That is Numpty snr worthy. :P

North Melbournes Finest

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 19, 2011, 11:52:15 PM
2011 Statistical Rankings

Ranked 3rd in Total Inside 50s    
Ranked 8th in Total Goal Assists   
   Ranked 19th in Total Goals Contributed      
Ranked 1st in Total Kicks
   Ranked 16th in Total Handballs      
Ranked 1st in Total Disposals
   Ranked 4th in Inside 50s Per Game      
Ranked 13th in Goal Assists Per Game
   Ranked 1st in Kicks Per Game      
Ranked 1st in Disposals Per Game

31 goals with 22 behinds makes him a valid half forward flank selections, Numpty.
Aside from goals, thanks for providing all stats that would indicates he predominately plays midfield, idiot.