players to keep an eye out for in 2012

Started by dcmagadia21, September 05, 2011, 03:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcmagadia21

I'm with most people here with getting the RedRock (maybe include a Berger with that) combo next year. But here are some of the players I'll keep a close eye on during the pre-season for next year's DT:

- Tom Rockliff
- Jack Redden
- Matthew Leuenberger
- Robbie Gray
- Andrew Gaff
- Michael Barlow
- Lenny Hayes
- Nic Naitanui
- Danny Stanley
- Dyson Heppell
- Nat Fyfe
- Hamish McIntosh
- Scott Thompson

and many more........

Post some of your players to watch out for

dale93

Cheap Joel Selwood :)
Cheap Lenny Hayes :)
Andrew Carrots
Brain Lake
Alan Didiak

Ace Manuva

Good topic, I've been mostly considering players who'll be in their second year. I've been doing DT for 2 years now, and I haven't seen much evidence for what people call the "2nd year blues". It'd be nice to spot players who will do a Nat Fyfe in their 2nd year
One key ingredient is that they need to have demonstrated a high ceiling. For that matter I've flagged Mzungu and Gaff as prime candidates. Shuey is also looking like a great choice. He wont get the discount like the other two though.
I wish we'd seen more of that Jason Tutt though, he impressed...
I might even go Nahas again next year...

strikes91

Brian Lake (MUST HAVE)
Jonathan Brown (MUST HAVE)
Michael Barlow
Hamish Mcintosh
Josh Drummond (SC)
Lenny Hayes
Alan Didak
Jason Tutt

strikes91

Quote from: Ace Manuva on September 05, 2011, 03:53:14 PM
Good topic, I've been mostly considering players who'll be in their second year. I've been doing DT for 2 years now, and I haven't seen much evidence for what people call the "2nd year blues". It'd be nice to spot players who will do a Nat Fyfe in their 2nd year
One key ingredient is that they need to have demonstrated a high ceiling. For that matter I've flagged Mzungu and Gaff as prime candidates. Shuey is also looking like a great choice. He wont get the discount like the other two though.
I wish we'd seen more of that Jason Tutt though, he impressed...
I might even go Nahas again next year...

yeah these 2 did very well this year for their 2nd seasons

fyfe he averaged 98, Rockliff 111 !

elephants

Quote from: strikes91 on September 05, 2011, 06:00:13 PM
Brian Lake (MUST HAVE)
Michael Barlow
Hamish Mcintosh
Josh Drummond (SC)
Lenny Hayes
Alan Didak
Jason Tutt
Disagree.
Drummo will get injured.
Brown is getting on and with the production of new targets (Karnezis, Banfield, McGrath) while he's been out less emphasis will be on JB.
Brian Lake is 30 something and seemingly not fit enough to play at AFL level. One good season doesn't deem you a "must have" and the dogs have changed their playing style anyway.

strikes91

Quote from: elephants on September 05, 2011, 07:21:21 PM
Quote from: strikes91 on September 05, 2011, 06:00:13 PM
Brian Lake (MUST HAVE)
Michael Barlow
Hamish Mcintosh
Josh Drummond (SC)
Lenny Hayes
Alan Didak
Jason Tutt
Disagree.
Drummo will get injured.
Brown is getting on and with the production of new targets (Karnezis, Banfield, McGrath) while he's been out less emphasis will be on JB.
Brian Lake is 30 something and seemingly not fit enough to play at AFL level. One good season doesn't deem you a "must have" and the dogs have changed their playing style anyway.

are you forgetting they'll be fairly cheap.

elephants

This is just me but i'd rather pick up a high draft pick say 120k than a thirty year old Brian Lake 180k.
Also i don't planning on giving away trades during the year because Drummo is injured.
Browny is probably actually a bit of a lock.
Just don't agree on Drummo and Lake ;)

bottlemart

Holz

Quote from: bottlemart on September 06, 2011, 11:20:39 PM
Jack Ziebell

was a unique a month back when i planned to pikc him up is extremely common now. He was a lock unitll suspesion, he will now be very unique next year.

maccar86

ShaynoB

Quote from: maccar86 on September 07, 2011, 07:04:27 PM
beams if he falls under 400k

as a midfielder?u would do that?

if he as dpp fwd/mid then yeah but not if straight midfield. i was thinking of him but yeah dont no

Fireballz

Luke Shuey, Shane Savage as mid priced Mids
Callinan to be near rookie priced

Nails

Could Callan Ward average ~100 at GWS next season?

Will he get a key midfield role? I picked him this year as a mid pricer, didn't quite work this year... He'll be fairly expensive next year but if he gets a key role playing for GWS... hmm...