THERE IS FINALS DT!!!!!!!!!!

Started by morgs640, September 05, 2011, 02:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morgs640

Hi guys whilst there is not an official finals dt for anyone who wants to run one you can download this team selector file http://www.mediafire.com/?k1iikh4i2cx24we (open file opdt3.htm)

and then setup a blog at www.blogger.com to post your ladder and add up the scores using fanfooty i am running one myself (already full so dont ask) simply take a screenshot of your side using the team selector which has unlimited salary cap, then email it to your nominated league administrator.

This is not a virus i swear if anyone thinks otherwise come abuse me on this thread, cheers

Romulus

Yeah this is interesting and I might get on it. Just trying to recall the rules of the game. I think you are only allowed 3 players from each team in the first week then what 6 from each team in week 2 and 3. and 12 in week 4?

bundyboy

thought DT ran something like this last year ?? 

morgs640

AFL DT ran it two years ago i think

the email i sent to the ppl in my league was

Because they are not running an official Finals DT i decided to run one myself so its a bit dodgy but should do. I ripped the dt site and saved it to a file attached. Going to use the rules from finals DT so if you have never played it they are: pick only 22 starters
no subs allowed, you can only pick 3 players from each team for wk 1, 6 from each in rounds 2 and 3 and 12 from each in the Grand Final. Also scoring is slightly different to replicate the importance of each match progressively they times the scores, so week one you score as normal week two your players score double week 3 x3 and week four x4, so therefore meaning the Grand Final is the most important game. Because there is no official game i set up a blog/site to post up the ladder at blogger.com which allows comments (like a virtual coaches box) also remember of course not to put any players in from teams that didnt make the finals obviously, and no emg are allowed. With the attached file (open opdt3 file) pick your side and take a screenshot (dont press save it deletes the team) and email it to me before lockout this week 5.40pm i assume or before fridays game starts.

Morgan

oc16

"http://www.mediafire.com/?k1iikh4i2cx24we (open file opdt3.htm)"

to open it, do u go into the folder 'opdt3_files'? - if this is how u open it which file is it in this folder?

also the file called 'opdt3' not in the folder 'opdt3_files' is just an illustrator file?

so how do u open it?

Spite

If someone wants to run this, I would be keen as... someone who's ridiculously keen!

fortynine

I'm very interested in having a crack at this, is anybody here clever enough to get one going? I'd love to but with school and my technical imcompetence I would make a mockery of it...

morgs640

Quote from: oc16 on September 05, 2011, 10:58:31 PM
"http://www.mediafire.com/?k1iikh4i2cx24we (open file opdt3.htm)"

to open it, do u go into the folder 'opdt3_files'? - if this is how u open it which file is it in this folder?

also the file called 'opdt3' not in the folder 'opdt3_files' is just an illustrator file?

so how do u open it?

you just open the file opdt3 the one in the root of the zip file not the one in the folder. if it doesnt open in your internet browser right click on it then click open with then choose internet explorer or firefox or whichever internet program you use

Romulus

Ok if anyone wants to get involved in my league hit up finalsdt2011.blogspot.com and "register" your team name.
All welcome.

oc16

how come we have so much money to spend?

morgs640

you have so much money because there was an unlimited salary cap on finals dt :)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Romulus on September 06, 2011, 02:20:06 AM
Ok if anyone wants to get involved in my league hit up finalsdt2011.blogspot.com and "register" your team name.
All welcome.
registered and sent an email ;) ...how come it says dont press this button after selecting ur side?

fortynine

because if you click it, it gives you an error and then the team resets, so you dont want to do that

GoldDigger

You can also use fanplanner etc and exteam right here at FF.

Here's my team ...

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Heath Scotland, Corey Enright, Sam Fisher, Heath Shaw, Matt Suckling

Dane Swan, Scott Pendlebury, Nick Dal Santo, Sam Mitchell, Marc Murphy, Matt Priddis

Dean Cox, Shane Mumford

Paul Chapman, Lance Franklin, Adam Goodes, Steve Johnson, Ryan O'Keefe, Mark LeCras, David Zaharakis

exteam id is 25658 for anyone wanting to beat me this week.

RiOtChEsS

haha yeah i didnt hit that one but hit save my team at the top, learnt that the hard way ::) :P

nice team there Pros...

can anyone give me the lowdown/steps on how to take a "screenshot"