SUPERCOACH NEEDS TO CHANGE END OF SEASON

Started by eagles929406, September 01, 2011, 06:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eagles929406

another season of last rnd carnage, for those of us good enough to make it all the way into th grand final only to have a host of players "rested" in the final rnd before the official finals start.
I propose that next season the league rnd should start at rnd 1 and end on the second last rnd, depending on amount of teams in league next season ofcourse and how many rnds there will be with the 18 teams. The last rnd is a complete lottery again, takes all the seasons hard work away from us. Ramblings i know, but wot are other peoples thoughts?

decapp

i totally agree with u there. i lost 2 games all season now with all the outs this week i can kiss the grand final goodbye.

gwilliams

That is how the NFL fantasy leagues work. Second last home and away round is generally the fantasy 'Superbowl'. Makes sense to me.

We need to raise a petition and get those cruel fantasy football administrators to change their ways

Ringo

Or alternatively give a bonus trade for GF to cover restings!!

kampf

Definetely something needs to happen with this!

I haven't lost a single game in all my leagues on DT and SC and now Grad Final comes along and I'm SCREWED.

Fyfe
Franklin
Hodge
Rioli
Birchall

Sure the people I'm vs'ing have most of these players also but why should the Grand Final purely come down to whose rookies perform better on the day? Mzungu / Krakouer / Petrie / J.Toy (OUCH!) / Z.Smith etc. etc. standard fill-ins that people have (although Petrie has been a prem most of the year - thank gawd!).

Takes away from the 'skill' of this game, and draws on luck. The most important weekend all season in terms of Fantasy Football and an entire seasons worth of planning can go out the window!

They should definitely award 2 extra trades to those who make the Grand Final, at least gives people a chance to have 2 players different then their opponents as most teams are 80% the same come this time of the season.

Torress

Quote from: kampf on September 02, 2011, 02:54:57 PM

Takes away from the 'skill' of this game, and draws on luck. The most important weekend all season in terms of Fantasy Football and an entire seasons worth of planning can go out the window!

They should definitely award 2 extra trades to those who make the Grand Final, at least gives people a chance to have 2 players different then their opponents as most teams are 80% the same come this time of the season.

skill?? how about keeping strong rookies to cover this mayhem?? we all know or can ''plan'' for this - keep 2 trades!!! ???  happens every year.
2 extra trades WOULD NOT work or EVER be allowed! what happens to overall? as if thats fair to get extra trades for GF in regards to overall??
i'm looking down the barrell myself, christ i started with cyril and still have him!! been useless! but i think this is cool  all the mayhem- wait for late withdrawals yet ppl!! 

MontyJnr

i'd call skill not buying into the whole "but hawks have gold coast in the grand final!!!!". if you didn't cheap out on cover, you should be fine anyway.

CFC 1979

i'm more pissed off that my two trades last week ( davis and rioli ) gave me a total of about
5 quarters

Lucky i kept 2 more for this week

agree you need to make sure your cover is moderate to good ( ie Gu , Krak, smith ect )
for these times. lets thank our stars pies and cats didn't do the same

enzedder

Supercoach boils down to luck in the main anyway. Injuries can strike anytime. Ordinary teams can make the finals whilst stronger ones can miss out, etc. Some teams are lucky, some aren't.

CrowsFan

Agree with you that there is a lot of luck involved enzedder. I was the second or third highest scorer in one of my leagues and didn't even make the top 8 ::)

Nyn

I think the way the trades are at the moment are fine. although i would like to see some "Emergency Trades' that are only available to players with season LTI's and maybe have them only for the last few rounds. 2-4 would be enough.

Ringo

Agree lots of luck needed as can be seen by Prem scores in Finals.  My only suggestion would be and this could possibly add to the intrigue same number of trades for season but unlimited trades for GF if we do not shorten SC season.  eg If you had 4 trades left you could use four for GF. Will probably change some strategies though.

upthemaidens

my 2 cents,  SC/DT is about overall not leagues in the sense that u get prizes for overall win/weekly highest score.
since they dont offer anything for league wins, why should it be a concern for them.  i dont think its anything that needs to be changed,everyones in the same boat.  the teams that have the best benches will fare better when the premiums get rested.

Crowbot_85

If admin were smart they would start the league fixtures from Round One again like this year and as there are no byes next season, have the Grand Final a month before seasons end. Thoughts?

SydneyRox

I would think they are simply more likely to play from round 1 to round 24 next year

The idea is to get us more buyin on the comp etc, so I cant see them having rnd 23 as the finals, would have less people clicking into SC and DT for that week, bad for advertising numbers etc....