Main Menu

Leigh Brown Retires

Started by Cruiseon, September 01, 2011, 01:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiseon

Possibly one of the most unusual careers ever. Widely regarded as a dud at Freo, he was the supporters pet hate at North before he ends up being only the second player ever to play 50 games at three clubs and then ends up a premiership player at a great club (if I do say so myself).

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/leigh-brown-announces-retirement-20110901-1jn1i.html

But there is more, regardless of his ability Leigh Brown changed the game forever. Every team now is looking for the second tall who can pinch hit in the ruck all because of Leroy. Geelong keep trying Hawkins & Vardy, Hawthorn used Roughead then used Hale, Richmond uses Vickery, Essendon uses Ryder, Swans use White, Saints now using Kossie again etc etc

Leigh Brown, for a maligned player, I salute you and hope you end up with two flags to finish the story.

PowerBug

Master Q

Damn  :P Bye Bye Spuddy Brown  :P

8-6 Suited

I also salute you, Leroy Brown.

The return

wow haha wasnt expecting that, changed the gaame as you said, bye leigh

nas

Ringo

Quote from: naste on September 08, 2011, 07:19:54 AM
Will he end up at GWS?
Every retired player is being linjked with GWS so why not.

nas

Quote from: Ringo on September 08, 2011, 08:40:34 AM
Will he end up at GWS?

Does want to coach in some capacity, so could get a deal like Broges.

Ringo

Quote from: naste on September 08, 2011, 08:52:13 AM
Will he end up at GWS?

as Does Luke Power!!

nas

Quote from: Ringo on September 08, 2011, 08:54:01 AM
Quote from: naste on September 08, 2011, 08:52:13 AM
Will he end up at GWS?

as Does Luke Power!!
Sheeds is improving his side slowly then. Having a bunch of retirees, just out of the game to help the youngsters. Nice ploy. Most of them if you notice are being offered a 1 year contract. Smart move with the $$$'s allocated to GWS.

Ringo

Also noticed the one year contract as they can mentor for 12 months and then next year take up more uncontracted players for 2013.  Smart ploy by GWS.

nas

Quote from: Ringo on September 08, 2011, 10:16:51 AM
Also noticed the one year contract as they can mentor for 12 months and then next year take up more uncontracted players for 2013.  Smart ploy by GWS.

Reckon Sheeds sat back, watched the Suns with interest as how they went about it & said, "Bet I can improve on this" & to date looks as tho he is. Drafting will be watched closely, as will the 4 trade offs to do with the youngsters.