Main Menu

FFPL2: Discussion Thread

Started by Cookie Monster, September 01, 2011, 12:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Quote from: cookie311993 on September 07, 2011, 03:41:31 PM
why would you play 3 spinners nails? you havent gotten close to 11k spin ratings with 3 spinners yet

I get 10.4K with 2 spinners... and that's with Ud-Din and my worst spinner (Greig)

This week I'm playing: Ud-Din, + Apu (my new Spec summary addition) and Stone - a summary level above Greig, therefore better spin ratings across the board.

cookie311993

its the average of them, why do you keep bowling stone though and Apu was a major waste of money

Nails

Yeah I'm guessing the average of the 3 of them should be 11K or maybe even a tad better...

Especially with Ud-Din exceptional summary thanks to form :)

I bowl Stone on bowling pitches only so I can fit one extra batter in the side, otherwise most decent sides will bowl me out easily. He's also my 4th best bowler based on summaries (now with Apu in the side)

And with a Windy/Sticky I definitely need as many batters as possible.

cookie311993

summaries arent used for match ratings i am pretty sure. Apu was a wasted investment nails, no clue why your purchased him and i dont think form is taken into account in friendlies

Nails

yeah form is definitely counted in friendlies... You can tell because on match orders page it shows their summaries based on form.

i.e. Ud-Din shows up as excep summary in match orders for friendlies but only as spec when in reas form.

I purchased Apu because I was in Melbourne (very limited laptop access) and it was 3 am and I was looking for a player to buy, threw an agent on Apu after not really considering him at all, just in a rush to buy a player... (didn't think much about it)

Got back home before his auction ended (wasn't sure if I would) and that's what the agent had got to... I didn't place another bit and cancelled my agent, but it was too late and I won him.

cookie311993

never should be in a rush to buy a player. Yeah not sure about match ratings i still am trying to figure it out. given i rate 10k+ more in friendlies than normal games with rested fatigue :S

Nails

I doubt it... but could rested have sub levels?

i.e. a player who has just turned rested that day is slightly less than a player who has been on rested for 3 days?

I guess that defeats the purpose of all different levels but yeah...

You feel me bruz?

cookie311993

i think so but i have no clue thats why recently i have been on the game forums heaps

Nails

At least Apu will be good for 1-2 seasons Cookie

And you said I should struggle in my league next season so he'll be helpful next season... Hopefully I can promote next year as well and Apu should help in that.

It might be Mamta's last season next season or I might get one more out of him we'll see and Apu should be interesting...

It'll be an interesting season next year.

cookie311993

look at the strength of the league you are looking at nails

Nails

I don't actually know how to do that  :'(

PowerBug

Nails

I should rate over 150K next season so I should be close to the top I imagine... depends what kind of players I buy at EOS...

if I acquire 2 bowling all rounders I could bat all the way to like number 8 and still bowl pretty well... I wouldn't mind that...

I'd have Apu/Mamta/Ud-Din as Outs/Spec/Excep summary bowlers then two rel/accom summary all rounder bowlers and bat right down the list.

cookie311993

you do realise all-rounders go for more money than apu cost you