Main Menu

Freo looking to trade week

Started by valkorum, August 31, 2011, 07:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

Cicjose

i would hope one of the first round picks for Palmer should be under consideration

valkorum

Quote from: Cicjose on September 01, 2011, 01:00:52 AM
i would hope one of the first round picks for Palmer should be under consideration for O'Meara

I fixed your post

Cicjose

O Meara is not the be all and end all of the draft

valkorum

Quote from: Cicjose on September 01, 2011, 01:30:41 PM
O Meara is not the be all and end all of the draft

In a compromised draft I think he would have to be a big target for us.  If he went in to the draft (next year) he would go top 5 so using a compo pick now to get a top 5 draft pick is well worth it (IMO)

Cicjose

do you think Mitch Clark should come to Freo?

Ringo

Quote from: Cicjose on September 01, 2011, 02:56:10 PM
Being mooted up here in the sunshine that he will be going to Freo or GWS. Not sure you need him in the ruck (with Griffin and Clarke) but would be another target up forward for you.  Following the line that a lot of clubs are taking with a tall who can pinch hit in ruck. He was very inconsistent this year though

Cruiseon

Looks like Freo are worried about their Premiership window closing before it even opened. Pav & Sandi are one ina  generation players so perhaps Harvey needs to throw caution to the wind.

valkorum

Quote from: Ringo on September 01, 2011, 03:10:34 PM
Quote from: Cicjose on September 01, 2011, 02:56:10 PM
Being mooted up here in the sunshine that he will be going to Freo or GWS. Not sure you need him in the ruck (with Griffin and Clarke) but would be another target up forward for you.  Following the line that a lot of clubs are taking with a tall who can pinch hit in ruck. He was very inconsistent this year though

I dont think his forward abilities are any better than Keplar's.  Kep is 199cm so not much shorter than Mitch.  I personally dont want to see Mitch come to Freo as I think we have a better player (in the making) with Zac. 

Mitch has had 1 good year and that was when he played in the ruck all year.  We have Sandi, Clarke and Griff for those roles now (and a NSW Scholarship Player - Moller) so I dont see the point in paying the reported $600k per year for him.