Main Menu

Fevola or Butcher

Started by Purple 77, August 30, 2011, 07:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

What does everyone think. Should we draft fevola and get what the bulldogs got out of barry hall, and possibly a lot more, or should we chase John Butcher from Port Adelaide. His is Victorian and rumor has it he is being persuaded to come to a Victorian club. Carlton, North Melbourne, Richmond and I think Melbourne have expressed interest with Carlton front runners in the chase.
Thoughts?

roo boys!

I reckon Butcher. Especially for the Demons. I mean, you are still developing and could do with Butcher as a young, developing forward. The only reason clubs would chase Fev is for instant success I think, as he only has at least a few seasons in him. By the time Melbourne's list reaches its peak, he'd be outta there.

Purple 77

yeah i agree, Fevola would be awesome but only for short term, while Butcher looks like he could be a N. Riewoldt but would kick more goals if put in the right position.

PowerBug

chatters24

I can't believe this is even a question! One bloke who is 30, who has had very difficult social issues in his life in the last couple of years who will most likely be retired by the time the Demons reach their potential. The other bloke is still a developing kid who has shown some massive talent in a very poor team who will be a 10+ year player. The answer is clear in my mind!

PowerBug

Quote from: chatters24 on August 31, 2011, 11:42:42 AM
I can't believe this is even a question! One bloke who is 30, who has had very difficult social issues in his life in the last couple of years who will most likely be retired by the time the Demons reach their potential. The other bloke is still a developing kid who has shown some massive talent in a very poor team who will be a 10+ year player. The answer is clear in my mind!
You're thinking Fev right? :P

nas

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 30, 2011, 07:58:55 PM
What does everyone think. Should we draft fevola and get what the bulldogs got out of barry hall, and possibly a lot more, or should we chase John Butcher from Port Adelaide. His is Victorian and rumor has it he is being persuaded to come to a Victorian club. Carlton, North Melbourne, Richmond and I think Melbourne have expressed interest with Carlton front runners in the chase.
Thoughts?

The offerings would have to be good for him so that he gets to the club of his CHOICE. Otherwise goes into the draft & will end up @ GWS or the GCSuns. His manager Conners is now regretting everything he has said re going to a SA team namely Port. So Port have the upper hand ATM. So if he does not sign, line up & start offering.

SydneyRox

This is not a fair question really.

I cant see any team even looking once at Fev, let alone twice. There is not enough upside for the risk, you are not just talking football, but how he could effect the football clubs brand and mentality. Having him at Brisbane has had a major negative effect, both with what Brisbane did by who they got rid of and how that effected the overall team and then what Fev did when he was there.

Master Q

Well I think we have Butcher wrapped up. Without being Bias I think Carlton have the most to offer...

nas

Quote from: Master Q on September 12, 2011, 06:06:21 PM
Well I think we have Butcher wrapped up. Without being Bias I think Carlton have the most to offer...

Think you missed the boat as looks as if commited to Port  http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44028.0.html

Master Q

Quote from: naste on September 12, 2011, 06:07:26 PM
Quote from: Master Q on September 12, 2011, 06:06:21 PM

Think you missed the boat as looks as if commited to Port  http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44028.0.html
Well I never saw that  :'(

Wes Mantooth

suck it q and shed a tear for me. thanks

nas

Wes Mantooth

nas

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on September 13, 2011, 07:49:37 PM
Quote from: naste on September 13, 2011, 06:08:47 PM
Quote from: Wes Mantooth on September 13, 2011, 03:04:53 PM
suck it q and shed a tear for me. thanks

Bit of DX there Wes.

DX?

Wrestling group The saying was If you're not down with this we have two words for you Suck It.