Main Menu

Great Signs!

Started by PowerBug, August 28, 2011, 06:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFEV

Quote from: PowerBug on August 28, 2011, 08:47:30 PM
Quote from: Sid on August 28, 2011, 08:43:11 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on August 28, 2011, 08:26:23 PM
I think Essendon supporters should calm down and not be so ballistic. Siren goes;
"YYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH. We beat the worst ever VFL/AFL side by 7 points, after nearly losing to them."
Give it a break Bombers.

On the other side, our forward line can be really damaging when turned on, we just need to get it down there more often.
Clearly you didn't see the Bears, NM when they first came into the VFL, St Kilda when they first came into the VFL or University.
Not the worst team. Get over yourself :P
I know about them. Just that people are saying that this is worse than them. Not my word, that of about 5 media outlets.
Obviously nobody really saw Uni/St Kilda all the way back but looking at their records it is hard to argue Port is worse.
They are just made to look worse due to the teams around them being better.

PowerBug

Quote from: Sid on August 29, 2011, 09:29:44 AM
I think Essendon supporters should calm down and not be so ballistic. Siren goes;
"YYYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH. We beat the worst ever VFL/AFL side by 7 points, after nearly losing to them."
Give it a break Bombers.

On the other side, our forward line can be really damaging when turned on, we just need to get it down there more often.
Clearly you didn't see the Bears, NM when they first came into the VFL, St Kilda when they first came into the VFL or University.
I know about them. Just that people are saying that this is worse than them. Not my word, that of about 5 media outlets.
Obviously nobody really saw Uni/St Kilda all the way back but looking at their records it is hard to argue Port is worse.
I don't think they are worse. It's just the draw. two top 4 teams in two weeks, then a firing Barry Hall, and finally a team trying to get inot the eight. Obviously the AFL didn't see this coming (unless the Pakistani's offered $$$) so it's just unlucky.

Master Q

Funny because I heard Butcher is coming to Carlton next year  :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Master Q on August 29, 2011, 11:13:18 AM
Funny because I heard Butcher is coming to Carlton next year  :P
He should go to Essendon.

Wes Mantooth

They are made to look worse because everyone likes to kick things when they are down. Media love to feed off this, so there will always be a worse team because it sells papers.

Butcher won't leave. You have no idea Q.

nas

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on September 02, 2011, 01:37:50 AM
They are made to look worse because everyone likes to kick things when they are down. Media love to feed off this, so there will always be a worse team because it sells papers.

Butcher won't leave. You have no idea Q.

Will have to offer heaps Q, as if he goes into the draft GWS have the first picks &if we lose this week then us.

PowerBug

We could trades him for the No. 1 pick ;)

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Sid on August 29, 2011, 09:29:44 AM
Give it a break Bombers.

University was the worst team ever. The records dont lie. Port have made the finals. The University team didnt.

Wes Mantooth

Yes I think this point has been made already but back then, there wasn't the overanalysing, scrutiny and media saturation there is now with football or any modern day sport. This make Port seem much worse than anything EVER. That and the fact they are Port and people love to hate them and kick them when they're done.

Got news for you - enjoy it, they won't be down too long.