Main Menu

Heppel!

Started by The It, August 28, 2011, 06:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The It

He's either saving your team or killing it.

If he gets 120 and i will lose.

What will he get?

PowerBug

BGK

I really need him to stop scoring points. Bring on the red vest

Nails

I know a lot of people traded him out rd 20/21/22 because "we'll need to trade him out for the Grand Final anyway so might as well do it now"

I was of the opinion don't trade until you have to... Oh the irony if he costs some people their prelim finals because they traded him out in preparation for the Grand Final  ;D

Just Clancy

i don't know why anyone would have traded him out. Why would you trade out one of the most consistent defenders all year??

BGK

If he scores 122 I'm not going to get a chance to knock off my wife in the GF.

PowerBug

North Melbournes Finest

I wish that Dream Team and Supercoach would reward this kid better, he deserves more points than he gets.

elephants

I know i'll be in the minority and i'll probly get shot down but i don't think he is that fantastic a player in real life, Sure he's good for a first year player but on more than on occasion i've seen him shirk out of running back with the flight of the ball and stands off the packs waiting for the seagulling kick forward. Just my opinion but i don't think he is as good as his DT scores reflect. A lot of cheap ball off halfback i reckon.

North Melbournes Finest

Quote from: elephants on August 28, 2011, 07:40:58 PM
I know i'll be in the minority and i'll probly get shot down but i don't think he is that fantastic a player in real life, Sure he's good for a first year player but on more than on occasion i've seen him shirk out of running back with the flight of the ball and stands off the packs waiting for the seagulling kick forward. Just my opinion but i don't think he is as good as his DT scores reflect. A lot of cheap ball off halfback i reckon.
I think AFL players have an excuse after seeing what happened to the Freo player on Friday night. Never question a players courage.

Mr.Craig

I don't care if he is a marshmellow, he's done the job for my DT this season.

PowerBug

Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on August 28, 2011, 08:20:20 PM
I think AFL players have an excuse after seeing what happened to the Freo player on Friday night. Never question a players courage.
Don't you think Faulks was a bit kamikaze? I'm not sure on that one, tough to call whether he was courageous or stupid.

Fireballz

Quote from: PowerBug on August 28, 2011, 08:27:45 PM
Don't you think Faulks was a bit kamikaze? I'm not sure on that one, tough to call whether he was courageous or stupid.
I think Faulks suffered by not 100% committing. He hesitated and looked back just in time to see Wood's (i think?) knee up close. If he had gone back and attacked the ball he still would have got crunched but nowhere near as bad as it was. I say very courageous play but not well-executed.

HYH5

How many games of AFL have you played? Same as me no doubt... Give the kid a break, the bloke hits the target 99% of the time, can't ask for much more than that. Some players even struggle to do that these days.

PowerBug

Quote from: Fireballz on August 28, 2011, 09:13:53 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on August 28, 2011, 08:27:45 PM
I think Faulks suffered by not 100% committing. He hesitated and looked back just in time to see Wood's (i think?) knee up close. If he had gone back and attacked the ball he still would have got crunched but nowhere near as bad as it was. I say very courageous play but not well-executed.
Yeah Cam Wood. Everyone has different views. We all feel for the guy, who has suffered majorly from the incident, but could he have prevented it? not sure, will have to watch it again.