Lousy recommendations for 2011

Started by inghsand, August 28, 2011, 05:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voldemort

Karmichael Hunt didn't help my season ...

PowerBug

Quote from: Voldemort on October 27, 2011, 10:47:37 PM
Karmichael Hunt didn't help my season ...
What sucks about that even more was that you only lost to me overall by under 100 points. Should've gone with Stanley, souhld've gone with Stanley.....

Voldemort

yeah well, I had a way better first year than you had, you ended up, what, 80k in rankings? And I ended up at 15.something K

:P

nas

Quote from: Voldemort on October 28, 2011, 09:26:22 AM
yeah well, I had a way better first year than you had, you ended up, what, 80k in rankings? And I ended up at 15.something K

Touche!!!

PowerBug

Quote from: naste on October 28, 2011, 10:50:32 AM
Quote from: Voldemort on October 28, 2011, 09:26:22 AM

Touche!!!
I think you're missing the point here, i started last year, did the whole DreamTeam without any help at all. Then i introduced you to DT and found FF myself then showed you to help you, so really there wasn't anything between us through the season, and you can't say you beat me without any help coz you had FF to help you the whole season.

There's me explanation Naste, and i don't think he got me there. ;)

Voldemort

didnt use the forum, which you did this year

TheMailman

I can see plenty of lousy recommendations appearing for 2012

Not naming names though  :-X

Cicjose

probably all of the guys i've profiled  :-X

MURRIMAGIC

Worst recommendation for 2011 was 'Guns n Rooks', same as this year.  All the good teams last year picked the good mid/cheap players like Shiels, Cloke, Fyfe etc etc!

TheMailman

Disagree

You'll find the best team didn't start w/ Shiels, Cloke or Fyfe

Cheap players were also all over the place

Petrie was up and down (although mainly good)

Foley dropped as did Frasier etc.

Ziplock

mmm, maybe, maybe not.

for instance, they may have upgraded fyfe/shiels when it appeared their scoring had dropped off.

Yeah, trading is a major factor. But if you started with Cloke, Fyfe, Shiels, Suckling, Redden, Rockliff, and you trade well, you're going to be leagues ahead of your competition...

Voldemort

I don't think many started with Fyfe or Sheils or Cloke. They just lifted their games drastically and those who spotted this, jumped onto them early

TheMailman

Quote from: Voldemort on November 25, 2011, 07:20:32 PM
I don't think many started with Fyfe or Sheils or Cloke. They just lifted their games drastically and those who spotted this, jumped onto them early
+1

At the start of the season they looked like pretty illogical choices

SydneyRox

Thats exactly right, it would give us nothing to talk or dog about if the guys we think right now actually had break out seasons next year. However this year I am going to get them right!! LOL

Mochasons

Grimes, Broughton, NRoo, Bartel, JSelwood, Montagna, Duffield, Higgins, etc.