Lousy recommendations for 2011

Started by inghsand, August 28, 2011, 05:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inghsand

Looking back at the start of the season and thinking of rookie names that were hyped up, but failed to deliver expected fantasy scores. A collection of the following would have severely affected trading up to premiums.

Shaun Atley
Cameron Richardson
Brandon Matera
Dion Prestia
A. Gaff
Sam Day
Jared Polec

PowerBug

Out of them i only had Matera and Prestia.
Could No. 2 pick Harley Bennell be another?

jvalles

Quote from: inghsand on August 28, 2011, 05:19:06 PM
Looking back at the start of the season and thinking of rookie names that were hyped up, but failed to deliver expected fantasy scores. A collection of the following would have severely affected trading up to premiums.

Shaun Atley
Cameron Richardson
Brandon Matera
Dion Prestia
A. Gaff
Sam Day
Jared Polec

Gaff and Prestia were given the vest too often, when they played full games in the guts they were good.

I'd add Toy in there and maybe Coad, but I guess he got injured so not his fault.

jvalles

Add Hibberd in there for getting a club suspension for assault.

PowerBug

Quote from: jvalles on August 28, 2011, 06:42:08 PM
Add Hibberd in there for getting a club suspension for assault.
Hibberd has sort of been helpful for me. Maybe he should've got a game earlier in the year, as i've had him since the start, but his suspension made it an easy decision when trading someone out.

mcwarne

Atley- fail
Richardson- omg what a mother f fail why did we go for this dud?
Matera - he was ok, got up to $200K's and was able to upgrade to a goodun so he passes
Prestia- suffered from greenvestitos but did well towards the end
Gaff - same as Prestia
Day-who picked Day?
Polec- Bris dont know a good junior if they fell over one. Why wasnt he played??!!!

As for kudos (rookie wise) everyones B&F should be Dyson Heppell for going the distance and never letting us down. Good boy!

DT87

How could you forget Rohan Bewick? He was a mature age rookie, had a good preseason, and was playing in a team that had lost three of their best midfielders, so pretty much everything pointed towards him being a good pick. He scored fairly well in the first two games of the season, then suddenly and mysteriously turned into a spud. He is still sitting on my midfield bench doing nothing.

dale93

At least all of them will be rookie priced nest season :)POLEC LOCKED AND LOADED

plugz19

Quote from: dale93 on August 29, 2011, 01:56:56 PM
At least all of them will be rookie priced nest season :)POLEC LOCKED AND LOADED
prestia, matera and gaff wont be?

Andrew

Polec a great pick, good idea. I also think Richardson will be at a price that will be worth a shot if he's named round 1. He has scoring potential I'm sure of it. Josh Toy, maybe not?

PowerBug

Ian Callinan will still be cheap. Only played the 3 games.

Holz

dale93

Quote from: PowerBug on September 06, 2011, 04:50:48 PM
Ian Callinan will still be cheap. Only played the 3 games.

His price should be around 120k shouldnt it?

tappy21

bundyboy

Palmer.....

and probably a crappy recommendation for 2012 as well  ;)