Main Menu

FTP Setting Tactics

Started by Luigi197, August 27, 2011, 02:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookie311993

how are we meant to know if its good or not when you only play majority of bots in your leagues? and are yet to win a match in the FF u/24 league. Baz still has to overturn your match result. and i didnt say you dont give good advice, but luigi nearly outrates all 3 sides that were giving him advice. For me i never use an aggressive batting tactic. Mediums and FS are normally defensive or normal

Master Q

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 29, 2011, 11:37:10 AM
how are we meant to know if its good or not when you only play majority of bots in your leagues?
I play bots in my leagues because I moved countries  ::)

Quoteand are yet to win a match in the FF u/24 league. Baz still has to overturn your match result.
Well, TBH you wouldn't win a game either - You have 7 guys 24 or under in your Senior team  ::) Plus I haven't played Barlow yet  :P

Quoteand i didnt say you dont give good advice

Ah yeh, you did, right here:

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 27, 2011, 08:38:50 PM
No offense but surely it would be better if people who were ranked better than those giving advice.  To me players who primarily play against bots aren't the best to take advice from

QuoteThe players that were posting in this thread were PB, Cic and yourself.

::)

cookie311993

haha well i have already beaten CF using the exact same rules as the U/24 WC. See right here:
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/scorecard.htm?gameId=1508293

That doesnt actually say you give bad advice it says "arent the best to take advice from"

Fletch74

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 29, 2011, 11:54:38 AM
haha well i have already beaten CF using the exact same rules as the U/24 WC. See right here:
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/scorecard.htm?gameId=1508293

That doesnt actually say you give bad advice it says "arent the best to take advice from"
I'm sorry Cookie, it does say that Q's advice is not worthwhile though... ::)

cookie311993

to me luigi should be taking advice from yourself fletch, Hp or shaggy. Not managers he almost outrates

Fletch74

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 29, 2011, 11:58:59 AM
to me luigi should be taking advice from yourself fletch, Hp or shaggy. Not managers he almost outrates
I disagree.

We all have different ways of playing the game. Shaggy buys pensioners, I've gone down the academy route, Q was one of the originator's in going with a young team and is slowly building up his team.

Q's been playing the game longer than me as well... Playing bot's has nothing to do with how well you give advice. He's only in that position because he moved to the WI, otherwise he wouldn't be. Would you listen to his advice then?

cookie311993

but to do that he needs better academies. I will be honest, No i wouldnt listen to his advice.

Master Q

Keep dodging me Cookie, keeeeeep dodging me...

Cookie, both my academies are on Improving++, plus I have 100k in the bank. I could sell of my players and buy oldies as well, I could also rate 160k but I find no fun in that.

Cookie, I'll be honest as well - I for one, would not listen to your advice, and I don't think I'm alone, IMHO.

Fletch74

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 29, 2011, 12:05:39 PM
but to do that he needs better academies. I will be honest, No i wouldnt listen to his advice.
Maybe, but he hasn't had the luck of a big YP yet. We all have our ways Cookie, and I'll be honest, I'll listen to anyone's advice as long as I can see a point to it, whether they play the game differently to me or not.

I won't make statements like what you made.

cookie311993

how am i dodging you Q, answer that one. I have replied to your posts. I have both my academies on improving++ and 100k in the bank as well Q, its not that hard. Majority of my side are 26 or under. And really i dont care if you dont take my advice

Fletch74

Cookie, Q - settle down. We all have our ways of playing the game. Let Luigi decide who's advice he wants to take up.

cookie311993

I understand where you are coming from fletch, but i feel tactics are different when you rate 160k vs 160k then when they are when its 130k vs 130k

Fletch74

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 29, 2011, 12:21:10 PM
I understand where you are coming from fletch, but i feel tactics are different when you rate 160k vs 160k then when they are when its 130k vs 130k
Why would that be? They are both close games? Tactics are important no matter what you rate ???

Master Q

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 29, 2011, 12:21:10 PM
I feel differently. Kapish?

Fletch74

Let it go guys. Again, it's up to Luigi who he takes advice from and I think anyone on here is deserved in giving advice.