Main Menu

FTP Setting Tactics

Started by Luigi197, August 27, 2011, 02:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomberboy0618

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Fletch74 on August 28, 2011, 10:00:39 AM
My tactics change based on the pitch/weather. I never have more than 5 Agro/Def orders per match. The Neutral orders assist with wicket taking, whilst having bowlers on D reduce the chances of wicket taking. Therefore I never put my OBB on D, always neutral, so he can do his job.

I only ever use Agro orders on bowling suited wickets, and on bowlers who suit that wicket, generally in the first 5 overs.
I tend to go 5 every match. 3 and 2 of A and D depending on pitch. Have an OBB FM who always bowls at 9 or 10 with some effect. Usually pair him up with a Spinner to end the innings. To start always have a Medium and a FM (the one mentioned above) if my other isn't playing on the pitch.

Master Q

cookie311993

not sure how it is neccessary to have a go at someone Q. What i said about advice is the truth though. The players that were posting in this thread were PB, Cic and yourself. When have i given you advice? and about me not giving good advice, do you have a something as proof?

PowerBug

You told me that someone with atrocious batting should bat before someone with poor batting.

cookie311993

um pretty sure i didnt pick your team in any order PB. In the messages i have sent about teams I am pretty sure i posted not in any order

PowerBug

Here is a message to sent to me.

Sent at: 10 Aug 11 02:13   From:  cookie311993   To:  PowerBug

this is your top squad i have worked out for you.
1.Tonge
2.Wardlaw
3.Harku
4. Wallace
5.Yardley
6.Norquay
7.Livingston
8.Dorengama
9. Ameer
10.Schulting
11.Vadher

Bowlers arent in correct batting order. This gives you an idea of your strongest lineup for seniors.

When looking at your squad, your batting lookings fairly solid for a new player with your weakest being Yardley reliable/capable. Your weakness is your keeper with Norquay being a long way behind everyone. Best advice would be find a keeper to replace him. Minimum of capable batting, tech and keeping.

Bowling looks okay cept for the 3 Finger spinners. Sometimes 2 is too much. Look for a replacement for Vadher and Ameer. I like the look of schulting, good purchase there.

What you need is a new keeper-batsman, Fastie or fast-medium, and medium bowler

Schulting and Vadher are who i mean.[\b]

Maca24

Quote from: PowerBug on August 28, 2011, 06:05:29 PM
Here is a message to sent to me.

Sent at: 10 Aug 11 02:13   From:  cookie311993   To:  PowerBug

this is your top squad i have worked out for you.
1.Tonge
2.Wardlaw
3.Harku
4. Wallace
5.Yardley
6.Norquay
7.Livingston
8.Dorengama
9. Ameer
10.Schulting
11.Vadher

Bowlers arent in correct batting order. This gives you an idea of your strongest lineup for seniors.

When looking at your squad, your batting lookings fairly solid for a new player with your weakest being Yardley reliable/capable. Your weakness is your keeper with Norquay being a long way behind everyone. Best advice would be find a keeper to replace him. Minimum of capable batting, tech and keeping.

Bowling looks okay cept for the 3 Finger spinners. Sometimes 2 is too much. Look for a replacement for Vadher and Ameer. I like the look of schulting, good purchase there.

What you need is a new keeper-batsman, Fastie or fast-medium, and medium bowler

Schulting and Vadher are who i mean.[\b]
Can you read PB?  ::)

cookie311993

Read the first sentence after your line up.  Maybe I am reading it wrong but to my understanding it says bowling not in correct batting order

PowerBug

Nope. Good to see you can. Oops.

PowerBug

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 28, 2011, 06:11:00 PM
Read the first sentence after your line up.  Maybe I am reading it wrong but to my understanding it says bowling not in correct batting order
Yeah, sorry mate.

Cyrus

I like the look of schulting, good purchase there.
bought him from me  ;D

PowerBug

Quote from: Cyrus on August 28, 2011, 07:29:00 PM
I like the look of schulting, good purchase there.
bought him from me  ;D
Hasn't quite performed as well as i'd like. But plenty of time to develop.

bomberboy0618

I iz teh bestest at raeding. I raed good!
:P

Master Q

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 28, 2011, 05:49:14 PM
not sure how it is neccessary to have a go at someone Q. What i said about advice is the truth though. The players that were posting in this thread were PB, Cic and yourself. When have i given you advice? and about me not giving good advice, do you have a something as proof?
So do I not give good advice? Just curious.