Main Menu

FTP Setting Tactics

Started by Luigi197, August 27, 2011, 02:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DazBurg

i have a OBB finger spinner

Master Q

Hemming is OBB.

Both my Openers have the Opening talent so in SOD I like to put them both on D regardless of the pitch. I've found it handy and usually start off well

Cicjose

i tend to have one of my opening pair with A and the other on N or D depending on pitch

Accumulators and BH on Defensive and Finishers on A

if its a bowlers pitch then all Aggressive orders become N for my batters

Bowlers will be Agressive and Defensive for the first 10 overs
Neutral instead of A if it is a batting pitch

Spinners will be on aggressive on spinning decks defensive otherwise

PowerBug

Quote from: Master Q on August 27, 2011, 06:33:31 PM
Hemming is OBB.

Both my Openers have the Opening talent so in SOD I like to put them both on D regardless of the pitch. I've found it handy and usually start off well
I only have one on D and the other on N, both have opener talent aswell. I'll test it out tomorrow.

cookie311993

No offense but surely it would be better if people who were ranked better than those giving advice.  To me players who primarily play against bots aren't the best to take advice from

Cyrus

bomberboy0618

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 27, 2011, 08:38:50 PM
No offense but surely it would be better if people who were ranked better than those giving advice.  To me players who primarily play against bots aren't the best to take advice from
BURN!
Seriously though cookie that is harsh.
I also wouldnt take my advice too seriously, I have a habit of getting the higher mr and losing.

PowerBug

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 27, 2011, 08:38:50 PM
Bit harsh cookie. I know you're directing that post at me, but Luigi is asking everyone, so i can give advice if i want.

cookie311993

It might be bomber but it's got to mean something. I get my advice from my communities.  My tactics change each game and am still learning bout tactics and I have been playing for ages. 

Cyrus

PowerBug

We all change little things here and there. But some things are always things. E.g. Don't bowl your batters. Don't put all your batters on A on a bowlers pitch.

bomberboy0618

Master Q

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 27, 2011, 08:53:29 PM
It might be bomber but it's got to mean something. I get my advice from my communities.  My tactics change each game and am still learning bout tactics and I have been playing for ages.
But what if those experienced players don't give good advice. Hint Hint.

Fletch74

My tactics change based on the pitch/weather. I never have more than 5 Agro/Def orders per match. The Neutral orders assist with wicket taking, whilst having bowlers on D reduce the chances of wicket taking. Therefore I never put my OBB on D, always neutral, so he can do his job.

I only ever use Agro orders on bowling suited wickets, and on bowlers who suit that wicket, generally in the first 5 overs.

cookie311993