Main Menu

FTP Setting Tactics

Started by Luigi197, August 27, 2011, 02:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi197

Would just like to see how everyone bases their line-ups and aggressiveness if possible.
Any sort of rules or guidelines you like to stick by to ensure a well rounded line-up.

I can get the line-up fine, but struggle to decide which players to put Aggressive and Defensive.

BB tells me to put your spinners as (for me) 4/5 and 9/10 and as Aggressive. (this is for me, playing with 2 spinners usually)
But should I just put me best Fast or Medium bowler on First, then my second best number 2?

Also, how much do you change your line-ups and aggressiveness based on opponents/pitch/weather/game type?

BratPack

I usually close with a FM on D and Roberts my Wristie on N. Aggressive just seems to give up too many runs

CrowsFan

I usually have spells 8, 9 and 10 on D. I have an OBB so he manages to keep runs down and get wickets at the same time.
It is very important to set your orders based on what the pitch and opponents are like. For example if it is a batting pitch I will have 1 or 2 batters on A, but if it's a bowlers pitch I wont have any, especially for a crumbler/sticky

Master Q

Batting Pitch: Bowlers on D/N and Batsmen on A/n
Bowling Pitch: Bowlers have 1 A spell and 1 N spell while Batsmen are D/N

BratPack

I usually have Wright on Aggressive and Dareeju on Defensive. Dareeju's Accumulator talent means he's the guy I want to build the innings around and Wright just is there to murder them

bomberboy0618

I told you to put 5 9 10 on d.

PowerBug

Quote from: Master Q on August 27, 2011, 03:30:09 PM
I pretty much follow that rule too.

Luigi197

Oh yeah, you can also post here any tactics you are thinking of trying for a certain game :)

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on August 27, 2011, 03:43:49 PM
I told you to put 5 9 10 on d.

Bowlers right? And that is assuming those ones are Spinners correct?

Quote from: Master Q on August 27, 2011, 03:30:09 PM

What do you mean by that Q?
Which batters and which bowlers?

-It seems spinners on Defensive is popular?
-CF, what's OBB?

PowerBug

When playing on a bowler-friendly pitch, bowlers on Normal ort Aggressive, and batsman on Defensive or Normal.
Couple of things that I tend to do on any pitch and weather are:
Number 3 and Number 11 batsmen on Defensive.
Open with two seam bowlers and have them both on Aggressive.
Try to aviod finishing with 2 spinners. (As i have 3 that are it's pretty difficult)

CrowsFan

OBB is old ball bowler talent. It means they perform better in the final stages of a match when bowling ;)

Maca24

Like my opening pair to be A and D in battiing.
Then majority on Neutral. If Pitch is Crumbling/Sticky then my number 5 or 6 on Defensive aswell as my tail.
If a flat then my number 5 or 6 on Aggresive.
Bowling I like to put Lesnar on Aggresive unless its a Green.
Spells 9 and 10 are Defensive, while my first 3 spells are all Neutral.

PowerBug

Quote from: CrowsFan on August 27, 2011, 04:28:20 PM
OBB is old ball bowler talent. It means they perform better in the final stages of a match when bowling ;)
I wouldn't mind having either a New Bowler Bowler or an Old ball bowler in my squad. Found one who was NBB and Yorker, but forgot to go online and didn't set an agent on him and missed.

PowerBug

Quote from: PowerBug on August 27, 2011, 04:36:19 PM
I wouldn't mind having either a New Bowler Bowler or an Old ball bowler in my squad. Found one who was NBB and Yorker, but forgot to go online and didn't set an agent on him and missed.
Actually, i still have one bookarked so i'll look to get him.

Cyrus

Quote from: PowerBug on August 27, 2011, 04:37:59 PM
Actually, i still have one bookarked so i'll look to get him.
yeah i found 1 i was going to buy went for 2k more than i had cos no one bought my guy...

CrowsFan

I have an OBB and an NBB :D