The Tony Armstrong Option

Started by makaz, August 26, 2011, 11:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

makaz

Is it worth trading Sylvia for Armstrong in the mids then swapping Gibbs the the mids bench and putting Armstrong to 7th defence and puopolo in bench. this will give me cover for broughton if he pulls out late and also give me enough cash to upgrade Pavlich to S Johnson. (my mids and ruck are set no changes needed there)
rest of my defence
DEF: Goddard, delideo, Adcock, Enright, Broughton, Suckling,(ARMSTRONG) Bench Poupolo
FWD: Goodes, Okeffe, Franklin, N Roo, Didak, Mzungu, Smith,  Bench Howe

Fenno

Can you afford Gram or even Doughty instead?

makaz

not if im going to bring in Johnson i fall about 15k short with Doughty

Fenno

Well if thats the case Armstrong isn't a bad option at all

thatguy

Quote from: makaz on August 26, 2011, 11:53:04 AM
not if im going to bring in Johnson i fall about 15k short with Doughty
anyone else you would rather than SJ? chappy? leon?

makaz

i am open to other ideas. im a bit worried about chappy  being rested. SJ has such an x factor and is capable of pulling out huge scores. leon davis is an option. rioli is to inconsistent and fyfe  could struggle this week if freo get smashed. my opponent has  chappy and fyfe in his fwrd line

thatguy

Quote from: makaz on August 26, 2011, 12:33:00 PM
i am open to other ideas. im a bit worried about chappy  being rested. SJ has such an x factor and is capable of pulling out huge scores. leon davis is an option. rioli is to inconsistent and fyfe  could struggle this week if freo get smashed. my opponent has  chappy and fyfe in his fwrd line

well i guess it depends if you feel you have your opponent covered in other areas of the ground to be honest. if you do, picking chappy or fyfe could be good as it cancels them out. otherwise i would lean towards davis. he could run amok tonight roaming free.

swishy

it might work mate. i really do rate Armstrong though, he'll be an excellent player in a few years