SWAN on bench??

Started by biggy, August 25, 2011, 07:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggy

any reason to be worried about our beautiful swanny starting on the pine? maybe malthouse wants to work dids through the middle, rotate swanny more up forward?

just in terms of captaincy, should it effect my choice?

Chichos

nah mate, swan will carve up!

henry

No, he won't be the sub. He started the brisbane game on the bench and went on to score around 120 so it shouldn't make a difference.

Andrew

Any idea on his actual gametime? I am worried that Collingwood stars will spend more time on the bench than usual as happened this time last season, will it include Swan? Does 119 v Brisbane show he didn't get enough gametime to score 120+, or won't Freo put up the same resistance as Brisbane? I'm seriously considering Ablett v Melbourne at the 'G... thinking in his only game their this season he'll want to show his team how it's done at the home of football, but so hard not to pick Swan.

biggy

Quote from: Andrew on August 25, 2011, 07:34:43 PM
I am worried that Collingwood stars will spend more time on the bench than usual as happened this time last season, will it include Swan?
yeah thats the problem. Swan has served me so well, and my opponent will choose him as capt. I'm worried mick will really rotate his players like you said, especially if they're 50 points up.

its high risk to chose ablett, but could be high reward, especially in such a close elimination final. i'll leave it until the last minute until i select... haha

RiOtChEsS

tis a slight concern... what does LE say "ya gotta risk it to get the biscuit" ;)

elephants

Because you must Marcz!!
I honestly gave rocky the c for a couple of minutes last night. I'll be sticking with swanny i think. He'd be might stiff to be subbed considering he had a four week holiday mid year.

biggy

i'm going to risk it, to successfully claim the biscuit....and go with swan. very unique option and likely to give my team the biggest boost. :)

PowerBug

I don't like biscuits.
But i like Swan as captain. As long we all have him as captain it's fine.

Holz

Any idea on his actual gametime? I am worried that Collingwood stars will spend more time on the bench than usual as happened this time last season, will it include Swan? Does 119 v Brisbane show he didn't get enough gametime to score 120+, or won't Freo put up the same resistance as Brisbane? I'm seriously considering Ablett v Melbourne at the 'G... thinking in his only game their this season he'll want to show his team how it's done at the home of football, but so hard not to pick Swan.

swanny averaged 120 in his last 4 last year so i would be too woried.

Nails

Quote from: biggy on August 25, 2011, 10:30:43 PM
I am worried that Collingwood stars will spend more time on the bench than usual as happened this time last season, will it include Swan?
yeah thats the problem. Swan has served me so well, and my opponent will choose him as capt. I'm worried mick will really rotate his players like you said, especially if they're 50 points up.

its high risk to chose ablett, but could be high reward, especially in such a close elimination final. i'll leave it until the last minute until i select... haha

Correct me if I'm wrong but I read articles on the AFL website that said Swan had been the most benched player in the AFL over the last two years...

Swan getting benched = he's fresher on field and pumps out even more points.

You want Swan on the bench.

bundyboy

Swann or Ablett ?
Swann or Ablett ?
Swann or Ablett ?
Swann or Ablett ?
Swann or Ablett ?

Crap !!....still can't make up my mind  :-\ :-\

AHHHHHHH !!!!!! 

LaHug

Risk it...?
It's Swan ffs! Not only that, you get to find out if he's sub or not before lockout.
Unless he's sub, he's gotta be your captain (Ablett can be vice).

biggy

i think the dream team website will crash if swan gets reported as sub....so many people will be trying to change.

i'm going swan, purely on the basis my opponent will and i have no gonads.

Flame

Swan will carve up? Don't stress!