PETRIE.......conundrum....?

Started by nostradamus, August 25, 2011, 06:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

I'm playing both Petrie & Roo. No fear.....

Andrew

Quote from: Windigo on August 25, 2011, 09:05:08 PM
I'm playing both Petrie & Roo. No fear.....

Gotta have fear playing Riewoldt seeing as he tweaked his knee last week. You've gotta have a better prospect even if they are a rookie in Mzungu/Smith..?

Windigo

Hm, play Lobbe & I.Smith over Roo & Petrie. I dunno.

bundyboy

petrie on the bench....yep I recon I might do that too, but recon NRoo might turn it on a bit...

no way Lobbe & Smith a better pair thatn Roo and Petre though....

Flame

Would you play lobbe over Petrie?

bundyboy

ruck ? or Fwd..

guess it doesn't matter which position, other than you have more coverage choices as fwd...

still - I think Petrie might struggle against the Saints- but no way I can pick a Port player who is really still just learning his game and recommend Lobbe... could be totally wrong but just couldn't bring myself to do it...

hardnut

stick with your guns! Petrie plays for me,  no doubt in my mind. You'll kick yourself if he carves..

The Grundles

I'm trading Petrie out to Dids with Zungu on the bench

You'd be crazy not to play NRoo against the Roo's this week, especially with the saints making a huge push for the finals...he averages 125 in his last 6 matches against them....THATS HUGE!

AlexIsOnFire

I'm thinking of benching Petrie in ruck, just in case Cox pulls out, and trading Sylvia for Cloke.

What you think?

thatguy

Quote from: AlexIsOnFire on August 26, 2011, 08:08:38 AM
I'm thinking of benching Petrie in ruck, just in case Cox pulls out, and trading Sylvia for Cloke.

What you think?

would think if cox boarded the plane to bris he is going to play. you wouldnt take him half way across the country just to make him a late withdrawal.

petrie is currently my r2, although im trying to convince myself bailey v a depleted dogs and smith v melb on his own (Fraser and Tippett out) and off a weeks rest are not better options!

can someone help me!  :o :o

Andrew

Quote from: thatguy on August 26, 2011, 12:23:08 PM
Quote from: AlexIsOnFire on August 26, 2011, 08:08:38 AM

What you think?

would think if cox boarded the plane to bris he is going to play. you wouldnt take him half way across the country just to make him a late withdrawal.

petrie is currently my r2, although im trying to convince myself bailey v a depleted dogs and smith v melb on his own (Fraser and Tippett out) and off a weeks rest are not better options!

can someone help me!  :o :o

With Tarrant a late withdrawal, maybe clubs do fly players across the country just to rest them! I've got EMG cover for Cox after seeing that.

I think play Petrie, I'm going to back him in. Has to do something for North, surely.

bob321

im backing mzungu
even if he doesnt get much of the ball if hes playing the same role as the last few weeks  he'll make most of his points from tackling

Andrew

Quote from: bob321 on August 26, 2011, 09:25:48 PM
im backing mzungu
even if he doesnt get much of the ball if hes playing the same role as the last few weeks  he'll make most of his points from tackling

I just couldn't... he will rack up the tackles but all Freo players will struggle to get the ball. I don't think any of them are going to score above 90 tonight so I'm going to roll the dice with Petrie. Who knows what he could score, anywhere from 40-120.

AlexIsOnFire

I benched Petrie and brought Neon in, and he went and got subbed. Spewing, I still think Petrie will score average so I'm not too concerned.

Holz

Quote from: AlexIsOnFire on August 27, 2011, 12:52:30 PM
I benched Petrie and brought Neon in, and he went and got subbed. Spewing, I still think Petrie will score average so I'm not too concerned.

not looking good