PETRIE.......conundrum....?

Started by nostradamus, August 25, 2011, 06:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nostradamus

Hi all, l'm thinkin of putting him on the bench this week.......and playing mzungu on the ground

.....what are your thoughts on this?

....and does anyone know what his record is like against the saints?

Windigo

He'll get a 120+ if you do that. Would take some balls to go through with that move.....But if you feel like you cannot defeat your opponent it may give you an edge...But gee a lot of things can go wrong.  :P

thatguy

the saints murdered him earlier in teh season, but that was because the roos went soley to the dish and saints just zoned off and blocked all his space.

i have him, and worried about his output, but have to back him in.

Cruiseon

Can anyone actually tell me what the hell happened last weekend? I mean North thrashed Freo yet he pulled possbly his worst score of the season. Supply would have been high - can anyone fill me in because it was confusing. ta.

Windigo

Dunno myself. But Petrie always puts in some downers from time to time.

bundyboy

Quote from: Cruiseon on August 25, 2011, 06:37:33 PM

Can anyone actually tell me what the hell happened last weekend? I mean North thrashed Freo yet he pulled possbly his worst score of the season. Supply would have been high - can anyone fill me in because it was confusing. ta.

me too...never saw the game, but totally confused by how Petrie can score so badly when North killed em....

I'm thinking of benching him for mzungu too !  at least I can see he pumps out 80+ consistently...

Cruiseon

Someone must have seen something? Anyone?

Perthwildcat

Freo Supporter

Mcpharlin didn't give him much space.  Small forwards were the trouble for Freo that night.

JDawg

He was up against McPharlin who is one of the top full backs in the league, very few players kick many against him. The last time he played against Freo, he only notched up a DT Score of 60. If past history is any indication I would be benching Petrie as he got stitched up last time by the Saints (51 points).

biggy

If i wanted to take Petrie off the ground, my only choice is bringing Howe in. So thats pretty much suicide.

After last weeks performance, he should feel lucky to even get the emergency jumper....

Chichos

Yep play mzungu over him, you just do not know what petrie can produce!

nostradamus

am almost certainly gunna bench petrie.......

.....now l just have to decide between krakouer and mzungu to be on the ground

....opinions??

Andrew

I'm likely going to bench Petrie AND definately Nick Riewoldt in preference of Didak, Issac Smith, and Mzungu/Iles

Windigo

Bench him at your own risk I say.

Andrew

Quote from: thatguy on August 25, 2011, 06:24:15 PM
the saints murdered him earlier in teh season, but that was because the roos went soley to the dish and saints just zoned off and blocked all his space.

That's correct, your memory serves you well.

Quote from: Windigo on August 25, 2011, 08:28:59 PM
Bench him at your own risk I say.

Play him this week at your own risk I say. He's got bad history and declining recent form against him. Only the fact it's a cut throat game is in his favour as surely he'll get himself involved in the play. Whether that equates to DT points, I'm not so sure. My only other options are Mzungu or Nick Riewoldt and I'm not keen on Nick this week.