FWD\MID MPP Trade strategy? - Harvey\Chap\ROK?

Started by drjive, August 25, 2011, 02:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drjive

Hey guys,

For those who have made it through to the all important SC Prelim, and with this week's big outs.. (for me, Judd, Gibbs, Pav & Broughton) - Hoping some are facing the same dilemma as me and can chime in!

This is the strat i'm thinking. Any suggestions/feedback would be appreciated.

3 trades left. $420,400 in the bank.

My team:

Backs: Goddard, Delidio, Fisher, Heppel, R Murphy, Puopolo - Gibbs, Newman, Kunt

Mids: Pendles, Swan, Ablett, Bartel, Cotchin, Judd - Swallow, Hibberd, Harris.

Rucks: Cox, Mumford - Tippet, Detrix

Fwd: Goodes, Pav, Franklin, S Johnson, Petrie, N Reiwoldt, J Reiwoldt - Mzungu, Lynch, Richardson.

----------------

Proposed Trades:

1.) Trade out Broughton for Enright <-- Pretty much certain this is going to be 1 of my trades. Hopefully Newman returns next week and I can run a full strengthy premium backline if I make it through with the return of Gibbs also. Bit of a gamble with Newman.

2.) Upgrade Swallow to a MPP Forward/Midd for this week's cover of Judd, and to strengthen my fwd line next week. I can then swap Mzungu up to cover holes in my midfield this week, and move him to be a more potent midfield emergency for next week.

I am thinking of either Brent Harvey, Paul Chapman, or Ryan O'Keefe.

Chappy plays Sydney at Skilled, then Collingwood. (Has a great record against Sydney at home, so so against the Pies)
Havey plays St Kilda, then Richmond. (could cop the C.Jones tag against the Saints, would go well against the Tigers)
ROK plays Geelong at Skilled, then Brisbane. (can't see him going to well against the Cats, but may rip it against the Lions)

I'm 50/50 on either Chappy or Harvey. This may change when the teams are released later tonight, but hoping on some feedback suggestions! Thoughts on the MPP cover for midfield this week? Can anyone see any flaws in this idea or come up with any others? Any feedback appreciated!!

Ringo

Agree with Broughton to Enright

Assume it is D Swallow - Have you considered Nathan Fyfe as an option who also has the DPP plays Collingwood and then Bulldogs who he scored 129 against in previous round.  Have you also considered upgrading Harris rather than Swallow - Harris has announced retiremnet and may not play again and assuming you are keeping Hibberd for DPP if not I would definitely be upgrading Hibberd as he will definitely not play again this year. Up till last week Swallow was scoring well but rember he wore the sub vest and the 36 points he scored were in just over a quarter.

charliesheen

Looks okay to me.

Would take Bock over Enright, going by recent form.

Last trade will probably be Newman > Scotland in the r24.

Midfield is a tad weak with Cotchin & Bartel but theres really nothing you can do about that.

drjive

Thanks guys, great suggestions. Will hold out on Newman to Scottland, depending if Newman is named. Hoping if he does come back he'd give it a hard crack being his last game for the year. Bock could be a good option.

Yeah, D Swallow. Only reason I suggested him to be upgraded as he's dearer than Hibbard and Harris. However good suggestions as can never be to safe with having an extra backup. I've got the coin so Harris mite be my springboard now rather than swallow.

Fyfe is also a good option, actually forgot about him! But plays Collingwood, and with Freo with 7 or so outs this week, I'm cautious of bringing him in due to the fact that the pies will probably smash the dockers rendering Fyfe with an average score this week..

charliesheen

Breaking news from @MattyHeraldSun at Punt Rd- Damien Hardwick rules out Chris Newman for rest of season. Crap. #supercoach

charliesheen

Who do you think will score higher Bock & Swallow VS Harvey & Puopolo?

Backs: Goddard, Delidio, Fisher, Heppel, R Murphy, ENRIGHT, BOCK <GIBBS, PUOPOLO, Kunt>

Mids: Pendles, Swan, Ablett, Bartel, Cotchin, SWALLOW <JUDD, Hibberd, Harris>

Rucks: Cox, Mumford <Tippet, Detrix>

Fwd: Goodes, Pav, Franklin, S Johnson, Petrie, MZUNGU, J Reiwoldt <NRIEWOLDT, Lynch, Richardson>

drjive

@charliesheen. Thanks mate.

Great. That forces my hand a bit. And to think I brought in Newman for Shaw! FML!

Looks like i'd be better off to trade out Newman for Bock/Enright rather than Broughton due to the price difference, and swap Broughton next week if needed.

charliesheen

Quote from: drjive on August 25, 2011, 05:24:46 PM
@charliesheen. Thanks mate.

Great. That forces my hand a bit. And to think I brought in Newman for Shaw! FML!

Looks like i'd be better off to trade out Newman for Bock/Enright rather than Broughton due to the price difference, and swap Broughton next week if needed.

imo, trade Both Broughton & Newman, and start swallow in the mids against Melbourne.

drjive

charliesheen

Quote from: drjive on August 25, 2011, 06:07:58 PM
Broughton in!

wait till friday, will know if he is a late out.  I would trade him out anway, could pull out a 50 score which will hurt your league.