Good trades, yes?

Started by Just Clancy, August 24, 2011, 05:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Clancy

Here is my team:

Gibbs, Deledio, Goddard, Suckling, Fisher, Waters, Heppell (Duigan, Howard, Toy)
Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Montagna, Bartel, Ablett (Jacobs, Prestia, Evans)
Cox, Sandilands (Lobbe, Bailey)
Chappy, Franklin, Goodes, ROK, Sylvia, LeCras, Riewoldt (Mzungu, Callinan, Richardson)

2 trades left, $39, 700. bold obviously represents players not playing.

I want to keep Gibbs for last round but don't want to play any of my rookies. Also need to get rid of Sylvia. Here is what i'm thinking: Trade Sylvia to Didak, then with the money trade Duigan to Gram. This leaves me with no trades left for injuries or getting rid of Heppell, however i won't need to get rid of Heppell as i can just play Gram. Can also choose between Didak or Mzungu to play.

So do these trades sound good?

Windigo

Didak & Gram don't sound to me like two solid options.

Maybe get Gram & someone else?? Or just the take the punt on Didak. Hm. Bit roll of the dice IMO.

Just Clancy

I can get someone reasonably good for Sylvia (1k off Fyfe though...), but then i would have to bench Gibbs this week and play some shower rookie. I don't really want to trade Gibbs and if i did, then i would face the same problem with having to play a rookie for Heppell.

Just Clancy

I could always get Birchall, but he hasn't been in the best of form lately.

henry

I don't think you're losing much by playing mzungu over sylvia, so I would stick with that.

Here's a suggestion:
Downgrade Ben Jacobs to Jason Tutt, giving you around 150k for an upgrade. I would then trade Duigan for Enright, who you could use to cover for heppell. Your team would look like this.

Round 21
Enright, Deledio, Goddard, Suckling, Fisher, Waters, Heppell (Gibbs, Howard, Toy)
Swan, Pendles, Boyd, Montagna, Bartel, Ablett (Tutt, Prestia, Evans)
Chappy, Franklin, Goodes, ROK, LeCras, Riewoldt, Mzungu (Sylvia, Callinan, Richardson)

Round 22
Enright, Deledio, Goddard, Suckling, Fisher, Waters, Gibbs (Heppell, Howard, Toy)
Chappy, Franklin, Goodes, ROK, LeCras, Riewoldt, Mzungu (Sylvia, Callinan, Richardson)

Just Clancy

Quote from: henry on August 24, 2011, 07:19:55 PM
I don't think you're losing much by playing mzungu over sylvia, so I would stick with that.

Here's a suggestion:
Downgrade Ben Jacobs to Jason Tutt, giving you around 150k for an upgrade. I would then trade Duigan for Enright, who you could use to cover for heppell. Your team would look like this.

Round 21
Enright, Deledio, Goddard, Suckling, Fisher, Waters, Heppell (Gibbs, Howard, Toy)

Round 22
Enright, Deledio, Goddard, Suckling, Fisher, Waters, Gibbs (Heppell, Howard, Toy)
Is Enright really a good option though?

henry

I think he is, the best of not many to choose from. If you decide to go with my suggestion and upgrade to a defender, you could go for Bock or Birchall, but for mine Enright is the most conistent of those.

CFC 1979

Heres another a lot of may be facing

Rnd 21 - Loose

Rnd 22 - Get angry and start planning for 2012

Good luck dude. Henry's advice is sound

Just Clancy

Quote from: henry on August 24, 2011, 07:19:55 PM

Here's a suggestion:

Round 21

Round 22
Just realised Tutt isn't a mid.

henry

Me too, strange eh? Well in that case I'd still do the same thing except downgrade to callinan, make a little more cash anyway.

Just Clancy

Quote from: henry on August 25, 2011, 07:16:21 PM
Me too, strange eh? Well in that case I'd still do the same thing except downgrade to callinan, make a little more cash anyway.
Already have Callinan.  ;)