Main Menu

Fanplanner 2012

Started by dale93, August 23, 2011, 03:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Magic Number is the number they use to create prices for a player.

Basically it is the average the player got, multiplied by the magic number (around 5000ish), to get a price.

So Adam Goodes averages 100, multiply by 5000 = $500,000

PowerBug

I think if the MN keeps going up and player prices rise too, i'll start to lose interest in these comps because the numbers will be outrageously huge.

c4v3m4n

For everyone's reference, this is how the magic number has progressed over the past few years...

SC

2009 Magic Number: ~5365
2010 Magic Number: ~5311
2011 Magic Number: ~4866

DT

2009 Magic Number: ~4428
2010 Magic Number: ~4394
2011 Magic Number: ~4153

Please note there is an error margin of +/-1.

The reason we had such a massive decrease this year was due to the increase in squad sizes and also due to the inclusion of Gold Coast.

However, we have a conflicting impact on the MN for season 2012. The squad sizes are set to be reverted, trading is set to change, yet we'll have a flood of GWS players.

Hence, IMO, I'm predicting the MN to rise a bit, but certainly not back to the 2010 MN as m0nty has predicted. It'll probably go back to ~5100 for SC and ~4250 for DT.

Windigo

Quote from: PowerBug on October 04, 2011, 01:18:49 PM
I think if the MN keeps going up and player prices rise too, i'll start to lose interest in these comps because the numbers will be outrageously huge.

I keep attempting to make a Fan Planner team but the price just makes me feel 'depressed' and I lose interest in it.  :P

maanco

MURRIMAGIC

It's very hard to pull a team together without the discounts of Hayes, Lake, Grimes etc. Everyone will have them because they are underproced, but without discounts you just don't know what else you can afford?

The Uncle

Monty, could you please add Marty Clarke in the fanplanner section for 2012.  Be interested to see if he will be rookie priced given he hasn't played for a couple of years.  Thanks

c4v3m4n

Quote from: The Uncle on October 07, 2011, 06:08:13 PM
Monty, could you please add Marty Clarke in the fanplanner section for 2012.  Be interested to see if he will be rookie priced given he hasn't played for a couple of years.  Thanks

m0nty is currently on holidays at the moment. He'll take care of it (including estimating a price) when he gets back.

meow meow

And WITTS. Everyone will jump on him once they see him.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: meow meow on October 07, 2011, 06:49:27 PM
And WITTS. Everyone will jump on him once they see him.
Pies should get him late and at near bottom price, and from what I hear, I would too :P.

ossie85

meow meow

Doubt it. MAYBE if he was 25. But why would anyone want a 29 year old bloke who is nothing but trouble? Even if he is "special enough to kill his girlfriend and get away with it". Risk vs Reward is not in his favour.

hawk_88

Normally I would agree with you Meow, but I think he has an increased chance given the compromised draft this year. By no means a certainty, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Windigo

I think Fev & Lovett would be lucky to get drafted. But I wouldn't rule out their selection. Just unlikely.

The return

i cant find the fanplanner?