and it starts

Started by thatguy, August 22, 2011, 05:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatguy

Just on twitter from Freo:

Injury will rule out Ballantyne, Pavlich, Mundy, Silvagni, McPhee, Broughton and possibly Grover.

BGK

Do they have enough players to play the pies? It's all good news for me Whooooooo!!!!!!

upthemaidens

and this is why the most often given advice on FanFooty is  ...DONT TRADE...

thatguy

the rules should be changed this week to allow teams to use as many of the trades they have left in one hit.

its going to be absolute carnage.

BGK

I will be surprised if most people can fill there teams. Depth is going to be tested this week.

thatguy

as much as I love DT, this is the most frustrating thing about the game. you spend all year trying to get 22 premiums on the ground and then teams start resting players.

Windigo

Don't have any of them.  8)

I'm picking up Fyfe this week. Should I worry about the added attention with all these outs....

dale93

I got Broughton but now i have to field Rawlings :(

skooper

Quote from: thatguy on August 22, 2011, 05:59:20 PM
as much as I love DT, this is the most frustrating thing about the game. you spend all year trying to get 22 premiums on the ground and then teams start resting players.

Its all about depth...thats why you should have rookies like Mzungu, Heppell and I Smith or fallen premiums like Bartel or Montagna on your bench. Especially with byes this year, having only 22 premiums aint gonna cut it. You should have at least 2 trades left at this stage anyways cos this sort of stuff happens every year

skooper

Quote from: dale93 on August 22, 2011, 06:02:47 PM
I got Broughton but now i have to field Rawlings :(

I feel your anxiety, I am forced to play Rawlings because of Gibbs' bye. I played Buckley over him last week and he score am 87! :o

upthemaidens

just on the subject of depth, i think(could be wrong) only one round all year where i had my best 22 on the field and that was port's bye rd.18
  this is the time of year where having good mpp coverage comes in handy

BillyPil

Quote from: Windigo on August 22, 2011, 06:00:28 PM
Don't have any of them.  8)

I'm picking up Fyfe this week. Should I worry about the added attention with all these outs....

Fyfe has received extra attention in the past few weeks but got a bit of respite against the Roos thanks to Mundy being back in the side. If it was any other team, he'd cop a hard tag this week, but knowing that the Pies don't like to tag, they'll just play a very good mid against him.. I'm thinking Daisy if he plays. That said, I still think he'll get his share of the ball and get you 85-90 odd. He's still a good choice in my book.

The_Rock

Quote from: bestguykai on August 22, 2011, 05:47:15 PM
I will be surprised if most people can fill there teams. Depth is going to be tested this week.

my 'depth' is just about gone
Bench this week (if other players arent rested)
Gibbs, Puopolo, Hibberd
Pavlich, Kerr, Nicholson
McCauley
Sylvia, Howe, Dixon

Players who may not play according to other people on fanfooty
Pendlebury, Cox, Riewoldt

Although if they play the only rookies i'll be relying on are Heppell, I.Smith and Mzungu ..Rest of team are premiums/semipremiums

kkillers

Dont forget the pies are going to rest more players this week...

Thats what the afl article says ... Who could it be... I reckon the 3 to get rested will be Pendlebury , Luke ball and travis cloke..

bundyboy

well...the list of maybe not playing just gets longer....

won't be doing trades until last minute !!  and hope that Malthouse doesn't pull any late changes !