Main Menu

David Hille ????

Started by cptcumbum, August 22, 2011, 03:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cptcumbum

Hi Guys It's my first post on here.

But I was just wondering If you guys thought David Hille could possibly be trade bait to GWS, Hawthorn, Richmond Etc.

He's getting close to his 30's and I don't think we have room for three ruckman If Bellchambers is going to be a long term player.

So I think we should get rid of with a couple of other players like Slattery and Dyson for a decent midfielder/first round pick.

Cruiseon

Welcome aboard the posting train.

I'm not sure too many clubs would be jumping out of thier skin to give up much for David Hille. He looks increasingly slow and as a ruckman who only had his knee reco 18 months ago his value is not high. Maybe GWS would take him in a manner GC took Josh Fraser, just to take the pounding away from the younger kids.

I find it very strange that Essendon don't persist more with Belchambers. He wasn't too good on the weekend but earlier in the year on numerous occassions he would be in your best (ie when Hawthorn thrashed you) only to be dropped a week or two later.

ossie85

Been thinking the same cpt....

I don't know why the Dons would risk losing either Ryder or Bellchambers (through lack of game time) as they persist with Hille. I think Hille has been outstanding for Essendon... but tough decisions to be made.

Agree with what Cruise has said... going through the other reams in the AFL, it does seem the Giants his only option.

cptcumbum

I think were going to have to choose soon because bellchambers is going to get pissed off  being second choice behind hille and ryder.

He will probally go to Gws If He does'nt get a game soon

cptcumbum

But he did play poor on the weekend so i dont know if thats because of the three ruckman thing or he still needs to develop

Justin Bieber

Quote from: cptcumbum on August 22, 2011, 03:33:11 PM
Hi Guys It's my first post on here.

But I was just wondering If you guys thought David Hille could possibly be trade bait to GWS, Hawthorn, Richmond Etc.

He's getting close to his 30's and I don't think we have room for three ruckman If Bellchambers is going to be a long term player.

So I think we should get rid of with a couple of other players like Slattery and Dyson for a decent midfielder/first round pick.
I've noticed the same. But Hird has gone with the experience ruckman in Hille over Bellchambers for that, experience. Big Bell hasn't gotten to play because of this so think it's the only way :-\. He is dominant more games than not and couldn't expect him to do very well against an experienced Cox and an Athletic NicNat. He wasn't great but that'll come in time when he learns to deal with that kind of combo in the future.

Also don't think we could get alot with Slats or Dyson. I like Dyson but I know many supporters who don't :-X. He was tried out as a Small defender a few weeks ago with some effect but nothing to warrant people to open their eyes in keeping him.

Maca24

I've been saying for ages that hille is a waste of space, and I haven't changed my mind.
He is robbing bellchambers of opportunity and is hurting the team.
He went into the ruck on the weekend for 3 minutes, which caused us to get 3 goals kicked on us in this time.
Ryder then went back in and essendon kicked the next 2-3. Coincidence? I think not!  :P

AFEV

Quote from: Maca24 on August 22, 2011, 05:42:49 PM
I've been saying for ages that hille is a waste of space, and I haven't changed my mind.
He is robbing bellchambers of opportunity and is hurting the team.
He went into the ruck on the weekend for 3 minutes, which caused us to get 3 goals kicked on us in this time.
Ryder then went back in and essendon kicked the next 2-3. Coincidence? I think not!  :P
And I agree.
He has been great but the fact is he won't be there as we make a tilt for top 4 and moving forward he is...Useless.
Even moreso given we have 2 quality rucks who are much younger. If Belly/Ryder leave because Hille played over them, I will go into chicken killer mode.

silloc

bellchambers already signed a 2 year contract mid way through the season
... does anyone wanna tell me what happend to gumbo again (not in vfl, not on injury list ect) ... its beyond a joke

chatters24

Quote from: cptcumbum on August 22, 2011, 03:33:11 PM

You can't parcel two average players, Slattery who is simply a "role player" and Dyson who struggles to get a game, and expect to get something decent back. You have to give something decent to recieve something decent. If there were to get anything for either of Slattery or Dyson it would most likely be a round 4 pick as currency wouldnt be high at all.

Hille would be great for GWS I would imagine. I think Richmond would want a ruckman with a few more good years left in him than what Hille does. I don't think Hawks will be in the market for another ruckman after getting Hale last year and the successful experiment of Roughy pinch-hitting in the ruck when he returns from injury next year.

supercoach addict

I agree Dyson and Slattery wouldn't would be worth much to other clubs. Don't agree with getting rid of Hille though. He has just about won us a couple games of his own boot this season.

Maca24

Quote from: supercoach addict on August 31, 2011, 08:47:18 PM
I agree Dyson and Slattery wouldn't would be worth much to other clubs. Don't agree with getting rid of Hille though. He has just about won us a couple games of his own boot this season.
I think your crazy. Hille has lost us more games than he has won us.

bomberboy0618

I agree, we need to be playing belly and ryder. Hills doesn't fit in our long term plans IMO.

supercoach addict

Quote from: Maca24 on August 31, 2011, 08:50:19 PM

What about in the sydney game, Hille took some imporant marks forward and kicked some important goals.

Maca24

Quote from: supercoach addict on August 31, 2011, 08:59:50 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on August 31, 2011, 08:50:19 PM

What about in the sydney game, Hille took some imporant marks forward and kicked some important goals.
And what about the west coast game?
Game in the balance, scores level. Hille swaps into the ruck and eagles kick 3 goals in 3 minutes. Ryder swaps back in and essendon kick the next 2. Hille goes in again and eagles finish us off...