Main Menu

'the future'

Started by Wes Mantooth, August 21, 2011, 08:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes Mantooth

At the game today, I must say I'm very impressed with John Butcher. His hands, awareness, lead and courage are fantastic qualities. Can only hope he signs on after seeing today what a crucial part our team he is.  Despite the terrible umpiring and getting blown out of the water today, Port were competitive for 2 and a bit quarters today and they are improving.

ossie85

Yeah, that Butcher does look like a likely KPP prospect! Much respect.

But I disagree, Port weren't competitive for any of it. The game was over quickly, at which point, you can't judge the Dogs motivation. This was not a sign of improvement.

Windigo

The future for Port is H.H, Butcher, Boak. Others?

Cassissi should be the general & he is doing that role excellently.

roo boys!

Could Butcher arrange a bag of 10 next week to beat Essendon? Please :D

coolfugitiv0

Butcher is a gun. He was in the year above me at school, I remember playing house footy against him. But he better not help beat Essendon!

Watch out for his brother Danny in couple years.

plugz19

very impressive!
heard rumours earlier in the year about him not being happy at port?

Holz

Quote from: roo boys! on August 21, 2011, 08:26:38 PM

i dont like port (because of the roo v port finals) but im going to be going for them for the first time ever.  Would love to see Port take down essendon and knock them out of the finals

roo boys!

Quote from: Holzman on August 21, 2011, 09:23:56 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on August 21, 2011, 08:26:38 PM

i dont like port (because of the roo v port finals) but im going to be going for them for the first time ever.  Would love to see Port take down essendon and knock them out of the finals
Yeah same here

coolfugitiv0

Where's the love for Essendon?  :'(

McRooster

You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Port Adelaide in order to keep it's head above water needs more than just floaties from Demetriou, it needs to let go of it's past to ensure it's future.

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: ossie85 on August 21, 2011, 08:15:00 PM

Yeah, that Butcher does look like a likely KPP prospect! Much respect.

But I disagree, Port weren't competitive for any of it. The game was over quickly, at which point, you can't judge the Dogs motivation. This was not a sign of improvement.

You must have been watching the wrong game then dude because the Bulldogs had a chance to belt us to the tune that the Hawks and Pies did and considering their own pathetic season and moving forward with next year, they didn't take their chance. You can't tell me that at a Professional level, you take the foot off. Port earned the ball. Keep bagging Port, will make it so much sweeter one day.

ossie85

I'm not bagging Port Wes, just stating it as I see it. Port are a successful and historic club and for a supporter to come out and say that a 10 goal defeat is an improvement shows how far they have fallen.

Statistically, this Port team is the worst since Fitzroy in 1996. This after making a grand final in 2007.

Love to see the Power become strong again, but 10 goal defeats should never be seen as acceptable. Especially since that was the margin at quarter time!

Wes Mantooth

Trust me Os, after the last two defeats, it was very refreshing to to see us almost score 100 points.

nas

Just hope that Butcher does sign as have heard that he WAS disgruntled at not getting a game earlier on.

Pleasing to see more goals on the board also

RiOtChEsS

a little ray of sunshine 8)

ino he had back issues early on but a little surprised he didnt get a game earlier...

i think Lobbe has done well since being thrown in the deep end, he victimized the junior pup ruck division yesterday...

shows he is a quick learner ;)