Monty please place a Muppett and Seagull next to Stanton permanently

Started by AlexIsOnFire, August 20, 2011, 06:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexIsOnFire

plugz19

whole heartedly disagree, much better than 75% of the essendon list

AlexIsOnFire

ossie85

Stanton's a really good footballer.... just not a superstar. But most of the league isn't, people judge him too hard. Much like Watts, Fraser and other high profile players

Flame

Quote from: ossie85 on August 20, 2011, 06:55:52 PM

Stanton's a really good footballer.... just not a superstar. But most of the league isn't, people judge him too hard. Much like Watts, Fraser and other high profile players
OS is correct! Who cares as long as he gets points!

AlexIsOnFire

DT points are far from a true reflection on how decent a player is, unfortunately some Dters think otherwise.

Stanton scores well in DT, but has very little impact on games, he has plenty of uncontested possession and turns the ball over way too much.  This year he has rarely copped a tag which is a true indication that no team rates him.

tradingup

you obviously dont watch much mate, stants has been in & under all season & efficientcy has improved out of site. runs hard and gets loose too. would walk into 16 teams in the league

m0nty

Whining for icons works even less in the forums than it does in the chat...  8)

Holz

Stanton isnt the best player in the league but you might as well say Swan deserves the seagull . If anyone deserves the muppet icon its you.  Stants is a good player but not as good as he is as a Dt player.

AlexIsOnFire

for you place Stanton and Swan in the same sentence is ridiculous, and to make that comparison once again makes no sense.

Its my opinion, I don't rate Stanton, its fine for you to have your opinion. 

Wes Mantooth

Pretty clear you are on a stupid tirade but at least have something to back it up.

Stanton and Swan are both DT'ers and don't effect games a great deal like a Judd/Pendlebury/Ablett do IMO.

Doesn't they are muppets. The muppet's are those that spend time ranting and raving from behind a computer screen like you.

Spite

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on August 20, 2011, 11:12:28 PM
Pretty clear you are on a stupid tirade but at least have something to back it up.

Stanton and Swan are both DT'ers and don't effect games a great deal like a Judd/Pendlebury/Ablett do IMO.

Doesn't they are muppets. The muppet's are those that spend time ranting and raving from behind a computer screen like you.

I agree with pretty much everything you said except that Swan doesn't effect games a great deal... what are you watching dude? 1 in every 2 games (or more) he effects the game GREATLY. When you get 35 disposals, even if half aren't moving forward more than 5m, you still have ~17 good disposals, which is good for any player.

Fireballz

100% agree
Stanton and Swan are actually very simular type players but Swan does it better and more consistently

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Spite on August 21, 2011, 02:15:50 AM

I agree with pretty much everything you said except that Swan doesn't effect games a great deal... what are you watching dude? 1 in every 2 games (or more) he effects the game GREATLY. When you get 35 disposals, even if half aren't moving forward more than 5m, you still have ~17 good disposals, which is good for any player.

I consider him a linkage player not a game breaker. Its easy to be a cog but to be the engine is a different kettle of fish.

Fireballz

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on August 21, 2011, 11:09:55 AM
Quote from: Spite on August 21, 2011, 02:15:50 AM

I consider him a linkage player not a game breaker. Its easy to be a cog but to be the engine is a different kettle of fish.
But every team needs both otherwise it won't work. Juddy goes in and wins the hard ball, dishes out the clearance and someone has to be outside receiving it. Murphy/Gibbs gets the handpass in space and puts the ball into the fwd 50.
Different types of players but all important.