Back line decisions - Last trades

Started by Yoshi, August 19, 2011, 01:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoshi

Want to complete back line this week by using last 2 trades. This will complete all lines with very good cover.
Looking at trading out both Heppell & Lower giving me $626000 to spend on any defenders.

B/L: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Fisher, Suckling, Enright, Heppell (Lower, Talia, Howard)

Options to bring in.
Broughton ($355200), Birchall ($314100) , Bock ($337200), Waters ($320200) , Adcock ($297200), Gram ($337800), Martin ($305400), Johncock ($252300) & as a roughie T. Armstrong ($262100)

Bock & Gram seem to have the form on board last few rounds but who to match up with. Thoughts on Johncock ?

Is their a better pairing I'm missing. Thoughts !

These trades maybe the difference between me & $300 pool.

dale93

If this was me i would be buying Gram as he is in great form and Brirchell as he is consistant and has a easy GF opponent.

Yoshi

Quote from: dale93 on August 19, 2011, 02:06:07 PM
If this was me i would be buying Gram as he is in great form and Brirchell as he is consistant and has a easy GF opponent.

I like the idea of both Gram & Birchall but I'm short $26000. Think Gram is in great form at present but could only afford $288000 on another player.

Rated_RKO

Bock coming up against Adelaide seems like a good buy . . .has melbourne next week and hawks the week after, but tha could be a good thing cause the ball will always be in the hawks forward line ?

BillMurray

Quote from: Rated_RKO on August 19, 2011, 02:21:52 PM
Bock coming up against Adelaide seems like a good buy . . .has melbourne next week and hawks the week after, but tha could be a good thing cause the ball will always be in the hawks forward line ?

I've been looking at a defensive 8th replacement for Lower and I think Bock is very good option. 93 average over past 5 games and in his last 10 games or so has only had one score below 80 (v the pies). Highly unique and for me could a huge draw-card for my prelim & GF. I a have Birchall also and has been fairly decent...  8)

Yoshi

I'm not convinced Bock will keep up those scores.

Whats everyones thoughts on Birchall & Martin/Adcock. Both Martin & Adcock have a reasonable high ceiling.

Yoshi

Another option that might work over the last few rounds is Gram & Johncock. Johncock being 8th def.

SydneyRox

I looked at Bock as well, came soooo close but couldnt do it. Choose Birchal instead.

ENYGMA

I'm looking at Bock Waters and to an extent Bruce. Thoughts? I'm leaning towards Bock with recent form and line up but of course his season has been inconsistent. Waters is a jet just wondering if he is fully fit and Bruce had a good score last week but that was weak opposition

ENYGMA

add Gram to that list. Also I do have the usual suspects, Birchall Fish Suck etc

Flame

Quote from: SydneyRox on August 19, 2011, 07:35:02 PM
I looked at Bock as well, came soooo close but couldnt do it. Choose Birchal instead.
I did exactly the same thing! Need birch to have a big 2 weeks now!