Leon Davis

Started by MickyC, August 18, 2011, 05:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenno

Quote from: Nails on August 19, 2011, 03:12:16 PM
Some do trade Thursday night because they don't have an opportunity to trade on Friday though...

Lucky I'm not one of those suckers  ;D
I don't believe this theory unless you going somewhere with no internet access at all you can always make your trades on a Friday.

BGK

Quote from: Fenno on August 19, 2011, 03:21:53 PM
Some do trade Thursday night because they don't have an opportunity to trade on Friday though...

I don't believe this theory unless you going somewhere with no internet access at all you can always make your trades on a Friday.

Mate trust me, Some people dont sit around all day on a computer and wait for the footy to start. I have a mate who is unable to get near a computer or any kind of internet, mobile phone etc beacuse he has a job that doesnt allow it. Yes he could make his trade friday morning by 7am but whats the difference. 

Nails

Some days I have TAFE

9 > 4 then work > 4:30 until past lock out... if I wasn't an IT student and in a different IT course I would not have the ability to make the trades....

No, I didn't waste $1billion on a phone just to make DT trades

or those who finish school and get home at ~4-4:30 and then have to go straight to work from school = no chance for Friday trades I'm pretty sure...

Especially if DT is blocked at their school.

BGK

Quote from: Nails on August 19, 2011, 03:26:08 PM
Some days I have TAFE

9 > 4 then work > 4:30 until past lock out... if I wasn't an IT student and in a different IT course I would not have the ability to make the trades....

No, I didn't waste $1billion on a phone just to make DT trades

or those who finish school and get home at ~4-4:30 and then have to go straight to work from school = no chance for Friday trades I'm pretty sure...

Especially if DT is blocked at their school.

Its a problem REAL people have every week but so many people in the DT world like to bash people because they have a job or other REAL life activities that prevent them from doing this. Im not one of these REAL people because i finish work at 11am on a friday.

Fenno

Quote from: bestguykai on August 19, 2011, 03:24:23 PM

Mate trust me, Some people dont sit around all day on a computer and wait for the footy to start. I have a mate who is unable to get near a computer or any kind of internet, mobile phone etc beacuse he has a job that doesnt allow it. Yes he could make his trade friday morning by 7am but whats the difference.
Well he clearly is somewhere with no internet access like I said. but probably 98% of people that play dreamteam can't use this excuse. I know a bloke that traded in heath shaw the Thursday before he got susspended and he used the excuse but i was at work blah blah blah. But I quickly shut that argument down when he had a way to get to the internet still and didn't need to trade on Thursday.
People use these excuses all the time but at the end of the day majority of jobs will have the internet around and if not you most likely won't have a shift that lasts from 9am till after the game has started and you can always get a friend to do it for you just so many other options than to trade early.

BGK

Quote from: Fenno on August 19, 2011, 03:35:34 PM

Well he clearly is somewhere with no internet access like I said. but probably 98% of people that play dreamteam can't use this excuse. I know a bloke that traded in heath shaw the Thursday before he got susspended and he used the excuse but i was at work blah blah blah. But I quickly shut that argument down when he had a way to get to the internet still and didn't need to trade on Thursday.
People use these excuses all the time but at the end of the day majority of jobs will have the internet around and if not you most likely won't have a shift that lasts from 9am till after the game has started and you can always get a friend to do it for you just so many other options than to trade early.

Ahhhhhh Grasshopper you are an inexperienced one, lol. I have and my friend currently works in a job that required me/him to start at 7am and finish at 7 pm plus an hour drive home. Like a lot of workplaces i have been too, mobile phones are banned and so is using computers for personal use.

BGK

Why play DT at all if a friend is going to be making all the trades for you? Where is the fun in that? Making my trades is half the fun.

Fenno

Quote from: bestguykai on August 19, 2011, 03:39:40 PM

Ahhhhhh Grasshopper you are an inexperienced one, lol. I have and my friend currently works in a job that required me/him to start at 7am and finish at 7 pm plus an hour drive home. Like a lot of workplaces i have been too, mobile phones are banned and so is using computers for personal use.
haha someone doesn't know how to read do they. I said unless you are somewhere with no internet access at all and I also said get a friend to do it for you. I do it all the time for one of my mates he gives me options for if things change and I trade the way he wants depending on what happens.

BGK

Quote from: Fenno on August 19, 2011, 03:45:09 PM
Quote from: bestguykai on August 19, 2011, 03:39:40 PM

haha someone doesn't know how to read do they. I said unless you are somewhere with no internet access at all and I also said get a friend to do it for you. I do it all the time for one of my mates he gives me options for if things change and I trade the way he wants depending on what happens.

Hahaha i think its you who is not certain how this reading thing works. Have a look at my second post

Fenno

Quote from: bestguykai on August 19, 2011, 03:41:17 PM

Why play DT at all if a friend is going to be making all the trades for you? Where is the fun in that? Making my trades is half the fun.
Its still your trades just someone else is clicking the buttons. Not that smart to figure that out?

BGK

Quote from: Fenno on August 19, 2011, 03:47:13 PM

Its still your trades just someone else is clicking the buttons. Not that smart to figure that out?

No but boring as bat shower

Fenno

Quote from: bestguykai on August 19, 2011, 03:48:17 PM
Quote from: Fenno on August 19, 2011, 03:47:13 PM

No but boring as bat shower
haha so your telling me you get a thrill out of clicking a button then. haha. Someone is a bit sad

Nails

I wouldn't want my friend making trades for me because when I win the car he/she will think he/she has some entitlements to it.

2010/2011 have simply been pre-seasons for my 2012 car winning season.

BGK

To clarify from you, you say 98% of people who play DT have internet access at work. I know of a lot of professions that don't sit behind a desk all day and use the computer and who can work very long hours. Plumbers, Electricians, Miners etc, so am i to believe that these people who are not in an office all day, don't play DT?

Fenno

Quote from: Nails on August 19, 2011, 03:50:53 PM
I wouldn't want my friend making trades for me because when I win the car he/she will think he/she has some entitlements to it.

2010/2011 have simply been pre-seasons for my 2012 car winning season.
You have some shower bloke friends then. I would never even think that if I was to trade for a mate and he was to win the car and my mates wouldn't think that if they were to trade for me in a time of need and I won the car.