Leon Davis

Started by MickyC, August 18, 2011, 05:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickyC

So I'm looking to bring in 2 new players this week after shock losing last week and needing a few new players but am unwilling to trade out the geelong stars.

I'm looking to bring in a midfielder and an tossing up between Ablett, Mitchell, and Daisy but the really hard one is a forward.

I'm looking a Travis Cloke but Leon Davis' current form has caught my eye. I've seen a few games recently and looked at his numbers and they are pretty good. Anyone got an opinion on this?

BGK

For the mids i would probably go Ablett but he is just as likely to break a nail and sit a game out (although i think this only happens when he plays Geelong at skilled, hahaha). Mitchell and Daisy are big chances to have a break over the coming weeks.

Leon Davis and Travis Cloke, im not so sure i would pick them up. They are going awesome but Geelong in round 24 hurst IMO.

Are these players 8th forwards and 7th mids? I would probably look at DPP options if this is the case. It just gives you the extra flexibility.

thatguy

Quote from: bestguykai on August 18, 2011, 05:25:20 PM
For the mids i would probably go Ablett but he is just as likely to break a nail and sit a game out (although i think this only happens when he plays Geelong at skilled, hahaha). Mitchell and Daisy are big chances to have a break over the coming weeks.

Leon Davis and Travis Cloke, im not so sure i would pick them up. They are going awesome but Geelong in round 24 hurst IMO.

Are these players 8th forwards and 7th mids? I would probably look at DPP options if this is the case. It just gives you the extra flexibility.
i agree with cloke hurting v cats in rd 24, not so much leon. against them earlier in yr he scored a ton.

BGK

Hahahaha at my spelling of hurts

Quote from: thatguy on August 18, 2011, 05:32:46 PM

i agree with cloke hurting v cats in rd 24, not so much leon. against them earlier in yr he scored a ton.

Yeas but will he get more attention down back with no Shaw and Maxwell?

thatguy

Quote from: bestguykai on August 18, 2011, 05:39:57 PM

from who? cameron ling? the cats dont tag

BGK

Quote from: thatguy on August 18, 2011, 05:50:48 PM

Ling has played a forward tag a number of times this year.

thatguy

Quote from: bestguykai on August 18, 2011, 05:54:37 PM
Quote from: thatguy on August 18, 2011, 05:50:48 PM

Ling has played a forward tag a number of times this year.

righteo then. will believe it when i see it, but he doesnt have the leg speed to go with leon

MickyC

my forward line is: Johnson, Franklin, Fyfe, Chapman, Goodes, O'Keefe, Riewoldt <Sylvia, Mzungu, Dixon>

so i'm thinking of Sylvia to Davis for this round but could go Mzungu but form. I'm not really concerned too much about round 24 though at this stage, I just want to do the best possible upgrade in the forwards and he seems to be the pick at the moment.

BGK

Quote from: MickyC on August 18, 2011, 06:17:40 PM
my forward line is: Johnson, Franklin, Fyfe, Chapman, Goodes, O'Keefe, Riewoldt <Sylvia, Mzungu, Dixon>

so i'm thinking of Sylvia to Davis for this round but could go Mzungu but form. I'm not really concerned too much about round 24 though at this stage, I just want to do the best possible upgrade in the forwards and he seems to be the pick at the moment.

With that much depth i would just bring on Sylvia and Mzungu. Its a bit of a waste of a trade unless the rest of your team is completely set.

MickyC

well this is my team:
gibbs, goddard, birchall, enright, broughton, deledio, adcock <heppell, puopolo, jacobs>
swan, pendlebury, boyd, rockliff, hodge, bartel <prestia, andreoli, callinan>
cox, petrie <smith, mccauley>
johnson, franklin, chapman, fyfe, goodes, o'keefe, riewoldt <sylvia, mzungu, dixon>

dale93

HE HAS BEEN RULED OUT....source is AFL website teams :(

Fenno

I would love to know how many people have already made their trades and gotten him in. All I can say is haha to anyone who has thats what happens when you trade early

SydneyRox

Number 1 rule in DT - people who break it will always get hurt!!

thatguy

the tears will start flowing from people soon.

Nails

Some do trade Thursday night because they don't have an opportunity to trade on Friday though...

Lucky I'm not one of those suckers  ;D