How will it work next year.

Started by Grazz, August 18, 2011, 01:31:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Anyone hear anything regarding next year i.e 16 coaches expanded to 18 coaches in your leagues.

18 teams rather than 16.  1 bye only.

squard of 33 and 20 trades.

or

squard of 30 and 22 trades.

21 playing players plus a sub.  sub points only used if higher than any other playing players.  This will help for early injuries like this year al la selwood, bartel, mundy etc.

direct league vs league.  such as total points.  so everyone needs to pull there weight.

ossie85

Where did you hear that? Sounds good

Very Ltd

Our league has had a bit of trouble with 'cheating' this season. Some people had more then one team i the league. Usually their second team is woeful. It was the case this year that people missed out on the top 4 due to some people deliberately benching guns or playing injured players to boost their percentage relative to their main competitor's.

Someone suggested doing away with percentages and just use total points scored as the discriminator when two or more people are on the same total points. Would be fairer (then again not having people with two teams in the same league would also do the job). Do you think there is a need to change to system? Aside from cheating, it sounds [retty good to me. Though, the change would make DT less 'realistically AFL' in nature... which would bit a little bit lame...

Very Ltd

^ whoops, probably posted this in the wrong thread...might still be SC relevant...

ossie85

I'm for Percentage over Points! Especially this year, you could have had a score of 2100 and been really good, or a score of 2100 and been really bad... depending on whether it was a high scoring round or not.

Percentage is a more accurate gauge for week-to-week, let total points by the gauge for overall.

Grazz

Quote from: 709394 on August 18, 2011, 12:39:35 PM
18 teams rather than 16.  1 bye only.

squard of 33 and 20 trades.

or

squard of 30 and 22 trades.

21 playing players plus a sub.  sub points only used if higher than any other playing players.  This will help for early injuries like this year al la selwood, bartel, mundy etc.

direct league vs league.  such as total points.  so everyone needs to pull there weight.
Sounds ok, what will happen with the final 8, will 17th and 18th miss finals altogether.
Yeh agree 2 sides in the same comp is cheating.

Quote from: ossie85 on August 18, 2011, 12:46:55 PM

i work at virtual sport.  cant say anymore.  these are the real possibilities.  it depends on any rule changes and the draw for next year.

Grazz

Quote from: 709394 on August 19, 2011, 12:51:17 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on August 18, 2011, 12:46:55 PM

i work at virtual sport.  cant say anymore.  these are the real possibilities.  it depends on any rule changes and the draw for next year.
Cheers for that mate. can you keep us posted when you are able to, that would be appreciated greatly.

Grazz

maanco

that would be excellent and definitely make the game less depressing when someone gets subbed

i hope its implemented i would still like 22 players on the field though

and i would rather a squad of 30 with 22 trades.

Grazz

Quote from: maanco on September 23, 2011, 06:52:02 PM

that would be excellent and definitely make the game less depressing when someone gets subbed

i hope its implemented i would still like 22 players on the field though

and i would rather a squad of 30 with 22 trades.

Yeh i feel the same.

Ziplock

Quote from: Very Ltd on August 18, 2011, 02:39:25 PM
Our league has had a bit of trouble with 'cheating' this season. Some people had more then one team i the league. Usually their second team is woeful. It was the case this year that people missed out on the top 4 due to some people deliberately benching guns or playing injured players to boost their percentage relative to their main competitor's.

Someone suggested doing away with percentages and just use total points scored as the discriminator when two or more people are on the same total points. Would be fairer (then again not having people with two teams in the same league would also do the job). Do you think there is a need to change to system? Aside from cheating, it sounds [retty good to me. Though, the change would make DT less 'realistically AFL' in nature... which would bit a little bit lame...

I completely agree with the total points thing. I understand they try to keep the ladders etc. as close to afl as possible, but the % doesn't really translate the same in fantasy football. For instance, in afl, someone gets a high percentage because they kicked a lot of goals, and stopped many from being kicked against them, in fantasy, you can score a lot of points, but you cant prevent points being scored against you, so % becomes irrelevant, and just adds another (unnecessary) element of luck into the game. 

ossie85

Disagree Ziplock,

One round this year, hardly anyone got over 2000, and another round this year hardly anybody got below 2400. Why should a score of 2100 that was rated in the top 1000 scores for the week, be treated worse than a score of 2300 that wasn't in the top 20,000 scores for the week?

Percentage takes into account high and low scoring rounds.

maanco

i also disagree ziplock,

I completely agree with ossie
well said!