Pendles and Ball have gone to Byron!

Started by BGK, August 16, 2011, 10:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGK

From Facebook

QuoteScott Pendlebury Few days off was exactly what the body needed! Headed away to Byron with Bally and the girls and relaxed in the sun so keep an eye out cause Bally is very tanned! Looking forward to playing the lions Saturday night, always love playing against simon black he is one of the greats of the game yet for some reason still a little bit underrated

Could this mean a little extended break? Is it unusual for players to take mid week holidays? He does mention the game so it could be nothing.

Nails

It means someone is finally giving Simon Black the respect he deserves!

BGK

You don't think, that everyone thinks Simon Black is one of the best and is a highly respected player in the league?

Fireballz

Yeh I'm quite surprised to see someone say Simon Black is underrated. I think he's pretty highly rated and a genuine gun over a long period of time.
But I don't think it's unusual for a player to relax on Sunday and Monday and train for the rest of the week. Pretty sure AFL players deserve a weekend like everyone else from time to time! He'll shape up against Brisbane and knock out another ton (what is it 12 or 13 in a row now?).

PowerBug

Is Black a very high-risk unique option for this week? and for the remaining three rounds?

Fireballz

Quote from: PowerBug on August 17, 2011, 12:02:33 AM
Is Black a very high-risk unique option for this week? and for the remaining three rounds?
I reckon his DT scores are too inconsistent so I'd say there's much better options out there

jabroni

black normally gets the no1 tag and that affects his scoring in most games

Grazz

Malthouse keeping them fresh, days off in Byron sound ok. Just as long as hes
back this weekend and running out against Black i'll be happy. Have been
concerned for awhile that the Brisbane game could be the one where Pendles
gets a rest,i hope not for the sake of the semi's im in.

Flemo

With having the week off this week then I would be very happy if Pendles gets his break this week. I would hate to try and cover him for the PF or the GF

CFC 1979

C-Dogg

ahhhhh smoking it up in the sunshine good on them!!!

twinkle

Quote from: Flemo on August 17, 2011, 02:30:22 AM
With having the week off this week then I would be very happy if Pendles gets his break this week. I would hate to try and cover him for the PF or the GF

ditto!

Windigo

Well he says his looking forward to playing. So, ah why the worry.  ;)

97crows98

My mate is on the Gold Coast at the moment & text me Monday night saying he saw Swanny at Dreamworld during the day. Maybe the pies have given them all a few days off, cos I couldn't see them resting Pendles, Swan & Ball in the same week.

Grazz

I hope thats how Mick is keeping them all fresh and no premiums get rested, that would be nice.