Backline advice - please help

Started by TheBeatles, August 16, 2011, 09:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBeatles

current backline

Gibbs, Goddard, Lids, Adcock, Duffield, Lower, Birchall (Toy, Chaplin, Thompson)

Have 2 trades and $23K left

Thinking of trading Lower to???  Any suggestions of defenders $302K and under.
Keeping other trade for murphy next week.

Whitecross maybe or will he score same as Lower ???

fidou

John Lennon and George Harrison aren't avaliable at the moment but you could pick up Paul McArtney or Ringo Starr. A long shot could be Pete Best.

Windigo

Not many good options for that price tag I don't reckon.

Might have to sit tight with the squad you have.

TheBeatles

cheers windigo - hopefully lower still gets a game!!

Windigo

He should. Would be pretty harsh to drop him after his solid performances before hand. Beside, is there injury list longer than Dumbledore's beard still?  :P

plugz19

Quote from: fidou on August 16, 2011, 09:37:17 PM
John Lennon and George Harrison aren't avaliable at the moment but you could pick up Paul McArtney or Ringo Starr. A long shot could be Pete Best.
why would you even comment?

and mate its probably not worth upgrading to someone at 302k, use your trades elsewhere

TheBeatles

thats what i was thinking but good to get some backup just in case someone was under my radar.

ignored comment caus im a blues supporter ;D

plugz19

Quote from: TheBeatles on August 16, 2011, 09:56:09 PM
thats what i was thinking but good to get some backup just in case someone was under my radar.

ignored comment caus im a blues supporter ;D
lower is good enough cover i guess
not someone attractive enough at that price anyway to consider using a trade on

haha yeah go the blues!

Flemo

Any choice you do make would be speculative and Lower might just come out this week and outscore them anyway. Your not working with a high enough budget to make it worth trading out Lower.

You may improve another area of your field that can make up for any low scores in regards to Lower.

C-Dogg

Very interesting having chaplin on the bench... no need to trade lower, just stay put and cross ur fingers

Grazz

Only one id think about would be Doughty. Under Bickley he's getting it done,nice score last week.