Main Menu

Hodge

Started by Sleeken, August 16, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeken

Scored 75 and 80 in the last two weeks. I seem to recall him carrying a back injury or something?

Is it worth trading him out for someone like Thomas (under 400K) or bringing in knights/harvey so for Sylvia (who's on my bench) so I don't have to play Brennan =/?

I lost both my games last week by under 100 points.

fidou

Yep disappointing scores the last 2 weeks but he still has an av of 104 over the past 5 weeks. But having said that I am considering also of trading him out - Its terrible I know but in finals you don't have time to wait and see. Please someone convince me that Hodgy will ton it up this week!!!!

Chelskiman

Hmm, it's a tough one as the Blues' midfield is immense.  Well, Judd and Murphy are anyway.  You would have expected him to destroy Port last week (although, I'm glad he didn't as my opponent had him) and then struggle this week, but usually when you expect a player to struggle they go well.  He just needs more time in the middle as he's being played up forward a fair bit.  It's too hard to predict if he will ton up though.  The trouble with Hodge is his best and worst are too far apart at times.

HTL

I wouldn't be surprised if Hodge pulls a nice score this week. He stands up for the big games, when they played the pies this year he was down back and was a rock down there racking up the marks and kicks.

AlexIsOnFire

From memory Hodge has an awful record against Carlton.

Carrazzo tags the scheizer out of him, and tagged him to a 20 odd last year from memory.

Not pretty, I have him and I'm mudding my pants in fear its going to happen again

Windigo

Trade a cat if anything.  ;)

2 large cokes

pretty sure carrazzo is still injured? to be honest I think hodgey was taking his foot off the pedal a bit last week no need to kill himself    during a 25 goal win. can't see why u would trade him out now. there is just as much chance hodge will score 120 this week an the player you put in for him scores 80?

there must be other more important trades to make this week like geelong boys for example.

Fenno

Quote from: AlexIsOnFire on August 16, 2011, 06:22:29 PM
From memory Hodge has an awful record against Carlton.

Carrazzo tags the scheizer out of him, and tagged him to a 20 odd last year from memory.

Not pretty, I have him and I'm mudding my pants in fear its going to happen again
haha your memory isn't to great then is it. carlton is one of his favourite teams to play.
Since 2004 his score have been: 105, 135, 113, 124, 81, 149, 132, 63, 129. So 2 sub 100 scores in his last 9 games against them and 5 scores of 120+ If it wasn't for Swanny you would have to consider him as captain on those numbers.

AlexIsOnFire

Good research Fenno, you proved me wrong, not that I was basing my remarks on evidence, I just remember Carrazzo tagging him to the point where he was absolutely furious and had no impact, which was his 60 odd game from memory, but this was when he was playing the loose man in defence, which he doesnt do anymore.

I'm hoping based on his past performances he smashes it, but I cant see it happening.  I'd be happy with 100-110 as I dont think he can do much more.

Hodgey was tagged by a 1st gamer on the weekend and struggled with that.... I dont think he's 100%

LaHug

If you have trades to burn, go ahead. I feel that if he's not quite right, he'll be rested in the next few weeks anyways.
However, if you have cats to get rid of first and it's a must win final, trade them.

Flame

Quote from: LaHug on August 16, 2011, 08:03:11 PM
If you have trades to burn, go ahead. I feel that if he's not quite right, he'll be rested in the next few weeks anyways.
However, if you have cats to get rid of first and it's a must win final, trade them.
Agree with Huggy Bear. I have hodge but I should have gone mitchel! Hodge is not 100 percent! Has back or knee injuries! I would trade him next week if I had the trades and nothing more urgent!

-Hector-

I think the assumption that a player like Hodge will struggle against good opposition is severely flawed. He'd a good player, not a shizen one who will only be good against team like Port. If you've got him in, you pulled him in as a gun. He hasn't had the best year, but is still scoring well in patches, and not so well in patches.

I've got him, and keeping him for sure. Although I have toyed with the idea of chucking Shuey in instead of him considering the awesome form Shuey has been in of late (loved the 130)

bundyboy

byes this week for me...so gives me one mor eweek  to think about exactly the same problem...hodge letting down my midfield, and contemplating trading him too..

so sad - i have a man crush on him, but DT star he is not this year.....

Sleeken

Well Hodge was the biggest underperformer (from what I would expect) in the last two weeks but I'd be much happier to drag brennan off the field. I should've gone mitchell too.

Grazz

Do you have any cats