THINKING AHEAD!!!!! HMMMMM

Started by C-Dogg, August 15, 2011, 09:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C-Dogg

Hey guys, iv got the week off in both my leagues, im sitting pretty with 6 trades left...

now obviously im not playing this weekend BUT i will burn 2 trades but how???

i was thinking either downgrading 2 benchies to get cash flow up but these benchies might be handy come last two rounds

but i was also seriously considering off loading BRYCE GIBBS this week as he is the only carlton player i have, so that when the prelim comes around in a fortnight il be guaranteed 2 upgrade trades incase of injury ect:

i dont want to get to the prelim and i have 3 or 4 premiums out, and i know i have to burn 1 trade for gibbs, so im thinking ahead of shooting him this week to avoide complications next week

good idea????????? thoughts :)

C-Dogg

also im not 100% sure on darren jolly in my rucks so i could go GIBBS>BIRCHALL and then JOLLY> GOLDSTEIN this week??

TheBeatles

powersuperkents

Quote from: C-Dogg on August 15, 2011, 09:35:10 PM
also im not 100% sure on darren jolly in my rucks so i could go GIBBS>BIRCHALL and then JOLLY> GOLDSTEIN this week??
+1
thats a good stratergy youve got me considering doing it aswell
Birchall is a better choice than Broughton because he has Gold Coast in the grand final. If you dont have Suckling I suggest you take him instead though.

C-Dogg

Quote from: powersuperkents on August 15, 2011, 10:04:15 PM
Quote from: C-Dogg on August 15, 2011, 09:35:10 PM
+1
thats a good stratergy youve got me considering doing it aswell
Birchall is a better choice than Broughton because he has Gold Coast in the grand final. If you dont have Suckling I suggest you take him instead though.

i already have both suckling and broughton, the only worry with birchall is that hawthorn might REST the whole team in the dt granny, the only other worthy trade for gibbs is ENRIGHT, but is it stupid to trade gibbs to enright knowing he isnt even playing this weekend??

hmmmmm, this thread will do everyone's head in guaranteed

Weagle

How about getting Sandi into your rucks?

C-Dogg

Quote from: Weagle on August 15, 2011, 10:10:37 PM

thats not as silly as it seems... but warming to goldy instead

-Hector-

Quote from: C-Dogg on August 15, 2011, 10:14:39 PM
Quote from: Weagle on August 15, 2011, 10:10:37 PM

thats not as silly as it seems... but warming to goldy instead

It seems silly?

Sandi is dirt cheap. I'm stoked I kept him, but if you had heaps of trades left, you could pick him up at a mighty low price. Will only improve I would say (as long as his toe stays healthy).

hugopacker

i'm thinking the same with the final and trading heppell a week earlier (or 2) so i have 2 trades to cover possible rests from hawks v GC, and also pies v cats.

penskifile

i wouldn't ger Sandi. If Freo drop out of finals contention they will surely put him in the paddock.

Chopps

dont get sandi go with a proven uninjured player

that sounds like a good idea six trades remove gibbs now and upgrade your ruck then you will have options if you need to trade next week

LaHug

I agree with the Gibbs and Jolly double trade. However, can you post your whole team so we can have a good look at it?
Considering I'm now out of DT Finals (despite being the 2nd top overall in my league :( ), I would love to give someone else's team a full evaluation and give my best advice :D

C-Dogg

my team goes...

BACKS: GIBBS, GODDARD, DELEDIO, S.FISHER, SUCKLING, BROUGHTON, LOWER: BENCH: PUOPOLO, HEPPELL, B.JACOBS

MIDS: SWAN, MITCHELL, S.THOMPSON, A.SWALLOW, BARTEL, MONTAGNA,:BENCH: ISLES, S.BUCKLEY, PRESTIA

RUCKS: COX, JOLLY, BAILEY, MCAULEY

FORWARDS: PAVLICH, O'KEEFE, CHAPMAN, SYLVIA, FRANKLIN, N.RIEWOLDT, HIGGINS, BENCH: I.SMITH, MZUNGU, C.RICHARDSON

6 TRADES $28,000

Cicjose

downgrade heppel to a basement price rookie upgrade lower to birchall

C-Dogg

Quote from: Cicjose on August 16, 2011, 04:33:21 PM
downgrade heppel to a basement price rookie upgrade lower to birchall

this week?