Best buys for 2012

Started by nathan fyfe, August 15, 2011, 08:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathan fyfe

Josh Caddy and Gary Rohan spring into mind maybe zac smith and david swallow again Lenny Hayes might come cheap and also Bradley sheppard how about  you guys

North Melbournes Finest

Hamish Mcintosh? If he goes to Richmond he'll be the #1 ruckmen, also because he's essentially missed 1-1 1/2 season his price might drop to 200k odd. Allthough there's a massive risk bringing him in after a long term injury like that.

Alan Didak could also be a very good buy, his price is pretty darn low now and if he gets a full preseason into him he could return to last years form.

There's a lot of people who could be good buys, you have to wait for the players who haven't had much opportunity and then get traded. Adelaide ruckmen Jacobs is a decent example.

tor01doc

Swan, Judd, etc etc.

Maybe J Brown.

Barlow?

team rohan

The ex-Sturt lad Giles, who will ruck for GWS shoud have a great year.

MTTY

C-Dogg

leigh adams for north melbourne in dreamteam... and tayte pears for supercoach!!!!!!!!

FonFatty

Ben Stratton will be a good buy.. Reads the play so well and takes contested marks.. The new Brian Lake..

Jared Polec will be almost rookie priced, really rate him as a player and will be pivotal in Brisbanes engine room..

Porplyzia will be reasonably priced and could spend more time in the midfield when fit (barring a good pre season)..

Matthew Lobbe will be awkwardly priced as a ruck man but expect a massive year from him at Port, will be their number 1 ruck and he reads the play so well.. Noticed this season he has drifted around the ground getting cheap stats.. 20 touches with 30+ hit outs = good score..

Jordan Schroder from Geelong will be in everyones team if he plays the pre-season, i'm crossing my fingers the cats dont expose him until after the pre season competitions, everyone will have to burn a trade to get him in ;)

AFEV

Quote from: MTTY on August 15, 2011, 10:18:14 PM
Morabito
Depending on preseasons I'll look very closely at Tony and Rory Sloane as well. Love watching both of them play.

North Melbournes Finest

Good call on the Porpoise, all though I made the mistake of getting some injury prone guys this year which cost me from having a full premium team with a couple of premiums on bench.

MTTY

Quote from: Sid on August 16, 2011, 08:06:04 PM
Morabito
Depending on preseasons I'll look very closely at Tony and Rory Sloane as well. Love watching both of them play.
Love Rory Sloane JET.

Ringo

Worth considering guys who have had big injuries this season and whether their price has dropped - Grimes, Jonno Brown, Lenny Hayes etc
Barlow may be a good buy as well if price doe not go up too much over the next 3 weeks.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: team rohan on August 15, 2011, 10:16:22 PM
The ex-Sturt lad Giles, who will ruck for GWS shoud have a great year.
I smell another Zac Smith-esque Bench Ruckman :D.

Quote from: MTTY on August 17, 2011, 07:45:02 PM
Quote from: Sid on August 16, 2011, 08:06:04 PM
Morabito
Love Rory Sloane JET.
Indeed both on my watchlist but so it Suban who missed alot of this eyar through injury. If named back, could be very tempting.

*Peace Out Pplz.

j959

wonder what they'll price Lenny at??

i'd be scared with his age but he has huge heart and at the right price ...   

Cruiseon

Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on August 16, 2011, 08:46:58 PM
Good call on the Porpoise, all though I made the mistake of getting some injury prone guys this year which cost me from having a full premium team with a couple of premiums on bench.

Alas the Porps is damaged goods, his shoulders are unlikely to be fully reliable ever again. It's sad but put him in your Josh Drummond list of don't even think about it.

Marstar