2 Trades, want to upgrade defenders

Started by moffo, August 15, 2011, 02:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moffo

I have 2 trades left and have the week off, I would love to bolster my backline as I am missing Gibbs/Carrazzo for the Semi. I only have $15k in the bank and will more than likely use 10 of that to get Suckling

My backline is Goddard, Deledio, Gibbs, Carrazzo, Heppell, Hurley, Grundy/  Menzel, Otten and Patfull

I am thinking about upgrading Heppell to Suckling and Menzel to Frawley/Puopolo; the other option is to trade Hurley to Guerra/Johncock/Hurn or someone <$300k. If I do this I should be covered for the semi and then have a strong backline for the final. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Wacky Tiger

moffo

Heppell has a high breakeven and Suckling a really low one, if I make that 1 trade this week it will give me the freedom to pick anyone <300k instead of <275k which is pretty significant imo. I would still have the 1 emergency trade saved for the semi.

Chelskiman

And what if those players get injured?  That's two wasted trades right there for the sake a few bucks.  Do the smart thing and hold your trades.

Wacky Tiger

Quote from: moffo on August 15, 2011, 03:07:53 PM
Heppell has a high breakeven and Suckling a really low one, if I make that 1 trade this week it will give me the freedom to pick anyone <300k instead of <275k which is pretty significant imo. I would still have the 1 emergency trade saved for the semi.

Id still hold off.  What happens if you two ruckman go down with injuries this week and you end up having no backup.  Better to wait as long as possible unless you have good solid cover in all positions.  I got 4 trades left and this week off.  Wont be trading till next week.

moffo

OK, I understand I should hold off and probably will, but hypothetically which would be the best option to take?

Windigo

Trade Heppell out round 24 if you must. But otherwise don't trade.

None of those trades are any good. Sit tight.

CFC 1979

Quote from: Windigo on August 15, 2011, 06:47:16 PM
Trade Heppell out round 24 if you must. But otherwise don't trade.

None of those trades are any good. Sit tight.

agree. looking at Bock for heppell rnd 24