Previous topic - Next topic

who to start?

petrie
3 (100%)
mzungu
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

ScootD

I am seriously considering playing Mzungu over Sylvia next week (or even Reiwoldt). I almost did it this week but thought I'd back my premium and give him a chance to bounce back after being dropped... needless to say I was underwhelmed with his results while I watched Mzungu ton it up on my pine.

Anybody else in the same boat considering the same thing? Good move or bad move?

goodes37

go with mzungu he played well against st.kilda at Etihad Stadium last time he scored 114

Billz

After loosing winnable games this week due to having the wrong players benched/fielded i would like some thoughts on who to field this week....
Duffield (NM) v Rawlings (FREM)
Three of: Knights (GCS) v N.Riewoldt (SYD) v Mzungu (NM) v Sylvia (RIC) v Moloney (RIC)

Generalsor

I'm in exactly that same boat... Mzungu was on field out of necessity covering Petrie but this week i'm seriously considering benching either Sylvia or Roo. Right now Mzungu has earned his spot... But i might change my mind closer to lockout. Probably crunch some stats first

Nails

People get too hung up on "this player was a premium 5 years ago so lieke omgz I'm playin h1m this w33k cuz he mite get his bezt sc0re in li3ke 3 ye4rs"

Recent form is the only form that matters and Mzungu dominates that...

Mzungu's Last 4: 83, 84, 114, 105 - Average: 96.5

Sylvia's Last 4: 114, 69, 72, 73 -  Average: 82

Mzungu's score earlier this year against this week's opponent: - Did not play but would be better than Sylvia's poor 74.
Average at the stadium this year: 114 (1 game)

Sylvia's score earlier this year against this week's opponent: 74
Average at the stadium this year: 84.3 (I did include his 21 however) and without his 21 he averages 91.33 at the G.

Don't be stupid, play Mzungu, he's in better form, playing in better positions and at least if it blows up in your face you can be proud that let's face it, you made the better choice and just got unlucky.

ossie85

Quote from: Billz on August 15, 2011, 02:32:08 AM
After loosing winnable games this week due to having the wrong players benched/fielded i would like some thoughts on who to field this week....
Duffield (NM) v Rawlings (FREM)
Three of: Knights (GCS) v N.Riewoldt (SYD) v Mzungu (NM) v Sylvia (RIC) v Moloney (RIC)

Rawlings... Riewoldt/Moloney/Sylvia

Demons have a much easier run home now

fertalong

I'm already fielding Mzungu to cover Stevie J this week, but considering going Howe over Sylvia. Is this a good or bad move?

yorgis

thinking of doing the same thing, but wondering if col will come good . plays tiges, suns and power next. he may be thinking

his spot at the dees is in jeopardy, with a new coach to be coming in soon. i'm actually thinking maybe it's time for roo to go

heard one of the commentators over the weekend say that he has some fluid in his knee.

bjay2308

the one im wondering most about is my final forward spot...

Isaac Smith
Chris Knights
Alan Didak
Colin Sylvia

At the moment Isaac is looking to hold his spot, but Didak is an unknown quality - 2 vested games and junked the crap out of them getting 50s basically, surely hell play full game this week and who knows... while Knights is excelling under new coach with 2 100 point games out of his last 3....?

ossie85

Gotta be Dids IMO, against the Lions.

Couldn't possibly get the vest 3 weeks in a row..

.... possible he could get subbed OFF, but surely not

And back Sylvia to munch on lesser opponents if not Didz

bjay2308

Quote from: ossie85 on August 15, 2011, 04:52:57 PM

Gotta be Dids IMO, against the Lions.

Couldn't possibly get the vest 3 weeks in a row..

.... possible he could get subbed OFF, but surely not

And back Sylvia to munch on lesser opponents if not Didz

yeh considering ive been on the didak bandwagon since the start of the year id like to play him, but isaac smith has been in hot form, and knights to an extent but hes not trustworthy. sylvia still too risky, especially as melbourne isnt that dream team friendly

Grazz

I was big raps for Muzungu last week, havent changed my opinion of him this week. Worth the
Punt i reckon, Sylvia giving us very little. I thought after Sylvia was dropped the week before
he would of spanked it, Didnt see the game but think he started in the Fwd line the went
into the middle or atleast listening to it on the radio with a few beers (Many Beers) i believe
thats what happened im sure someone here can confirm or deny that. My point being if Sylvia starts
in the middle he can crack a ton. The semis ive got this week might se me play Petrie into the ruck
with Cox, Lobbe to the bench. Play Muzungu for Chappy and Leave Sylvia to cover Petrie's move to
the Ruck, Sylvia's as good any other becnh cover i have unless Prestia can get a full game and not be sub
but i think Sylvia can outdo that and lobbes score. Im stuck with him but if you can cover him with Muzungu
i would seroiusly think about doing it. The big fella is flying, could of given Heppell a run for his money in the
Rising Star award had he not injured his knee just prior to the season starting.I hope Harvey continues to play
him this way he's thriving on it.

Cicjose

if i fielded mzungu over riewoldt i think i would have been ranked in the top 10 with a score of 2406

so yeah i don't know how i should feel

my score this week however was 2363

sausages

pick 2
schiender, kraks, sylvia,howe, ROO

ossie85

Quote from: sausages on August 16, 2011, 08:36:17 PM
pick 2
schiender, kraks, sylvia,howe, ROO

Schneider (nice unique) and Roo