Stefan Martin

Started by powersuperkents, August 14, 2011, 11:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Will he clean up his act or should I trade him out for Broughton???

footy4life

Waste of a trade IMO, Stefan Martin's next 3 are against Richmond,Gold Coast and Port and Broughton is getting less time in the midfield. Infact im looking at picking up Martin for Gibbs in rnd 23.

powersuperkents

Quote from: footy4life on August 14, 2011, 11:53:25 PM
Waste of a trade IMO, Stefan Martin's next 3 are against Richmond,Gold Coast and Port and Broughton is getting less time in the midfield. Infact im looking at picking up Martin for Gibbs in rnd 23.
cheers.
I do classify Martin as a premium backliner, but his last 3 scores have been pathetic. Hopefully he boots into the 100's in the last two games.

Wes Mantooth

agree his last three games are good but has his role changed? wasnt he running off half back a bit more? jamar has come back and seems to have stuffed things up. correct me if im wrong?

fertalong

I was planning to pick up martin for Scotland in r23, but with his last few weeks, I'm not so sure he's the best option.

thanme

Man I picked Martin up about 5 weeks ago. He killed it for the 1st 2 weeks, and now he's on a downer. But I agree, his next 3 games look good, so hopefully he'll lift.

Chelskiman

Quote from: thanme on August 15, 2011, 12:46:07 PM
Man I picked Martin up about 5 weeks ago. He killed it for the 1st 2 weeks, and now he's on a downer. But I agree, his next 3 games look good, so hopefully he'll lift.

I got him at the exact same time as you then.  Don't really care what he does this week as I have the week off, but he better destroy Gold Coast and Port.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Chelskiman on August 15, 2011, 02:27:16 PM
Quote from: thanme on August 15, 2011, 12:46:07 PM

I got him at the exact same time as you then.  Don't really care what he does this week as I have the week off, but he better destroy Gold Coast and Port.
He scored 115 against Port last time hopefully he can repeat that in the grand final

Chelskiman

Pretty sure his role has changed.  When he's not in the ruck he's been pushed to what seems like full back instead of running around everywhere when he was carving it up.  Hell, I'd even like to see him being thrown forward because at least when he takes a mark he has the chance to score a few goals.

Davoo

fair sure that its just because melbourne have turned shower .

ever since geelong, hes been dissapointing. surely against the ruckmen hes facing in the next 3 games will give him a 10-20 higher score than normal as well as just a recapture of form.

Windigo

I'm not that concerned as I bought him specifically for finals. That run home 'looked fairly easy' but I dunno now.

But don't trade him!